RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights aiming for international glory

EnglandRL media release

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

England Knights second row Jack Hughes is targeting international success on Sunday when he travels as part of the squad to take on Scotland in an Alitalia European Cup game in Edinburgh (2.00pm).

Hughes played a big role in the Knights’ victory over Ireland in a match coach Kieron Purtill has hailed as the best team performance he has seen from any Knights squad and the Wigan Warriors forward is keen to replicate that form this weekend.

“I thought we were very impressive considering the conditions,” said Hughes. “Our skill levels were high throughout the game and we made very few errors so we were happy with the performance.

“Personally for me it was a great experience in my debut for the Knights. There are some great players involved in this group and it’s been good for me to get to know them and learn from them as I’ve only ever played against them before.

“We leave our club rivalries at the door when we come into camp and we’re all here hoping to do our best for England and we now have a chance to win a trophy.

“It would be great to win the Alitalia Cup especially as it’s my first time with the Knights group and we’re keen to ensure we do that.”

With the Rugby League World Cup 2013 only 12 months away, Hughes is all too aware of the opportunity presented to him by being involved with the Knights set-up.

“When you play for the Knights you know Steve McNamara will be watching you and keeping an eye on how things go,” he said. “So from that it’s a great opportunity for us.

“We just need to enjoy the experience and make the most of the opportunity we have now and see where that can take us because there’s always a possibility that we can stake a claim in Steve’s World Cup thinking.”

The England Knights squad to play Scotland at Meggetland Stadium, Edinburgh, on Sunday October 28 (2.00pm) is:

England Knights squad to play Scotland (professional and community club in brackets):
1 Ben Jones-Bishop (Leeds Rhinos, Queens)
2 Kieran Dixon (London Broncos, Hemel Stags)
3 Jordan Turner (Hull FC, Waterhead)
4 Rhys Evans (Warrington Wolves, Burtonwood Bulldogs)
5 Jodie Broughton (Salford City Reds, Queens)
6 Dan Sarginson (London Broncos, Hemel Hempstead Stags)
7 Luke Gale (Bradford Bulls, Middleton Marauders)
8 George Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs, Dewsbury Moor)
9 Danny Houghton © (Hull FC, East Hull )
10 Tom Burgess (Bradford Bulls, Dewsbury Moor)
11 Jack Hughes (Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Judes)
12 Mike Cooper (Warrington Wolves, Latchford Albion)
13 Michael Lawrence (Huddersfield Giants, Newsome Panthers)
14 Scott Taylor (Hull KR, Skirlaugh Bulls)
15 Shaun Lunt (Huddersfield Giants, Ellenborough Rangers)
16 Chris Clarkson (Leeds Rhinos, East Leeds)
17 Chris Riley (Warrington Wolves, Woolston Rovers)
18 Daryl Clark (Castleford Tigers, Castleford Lock Lane)
19 Greg Eden (Huddersfield Giants, Castleford Lock Lane)

Nathan Clarke
England Knights Media Manager
"If we wish to free ourselves from enslavement, we must choose freedom and the responsibility this entails." Leo Buscaglia

#2 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

This is a pretty good team, is there anyone here that people would like to see promoted into next year's World Cup squad?
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EnglandRL media release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users