A taste of things to come

Manxmanc

If today's fixtures are a sign of things to come, then I think there is room for optimism. (is that allowed?) 

On TV today, we had the breaking of new ground with Wigan v Hull from Australia, followed by the Featherstone Lions v Thatto Heath in the CC, and on to the south of France for Catalans v Saints. The CC fixtures were largely traditional clashes, interspersed with the likes of the Army v London Chargers. The point being, there is the opportunity and time to support expansion and growth of the game whilst acknowledging historical roots and strengthening the grass roots game, in or out of the heartlands. 

In their own context, the internationalism of Wigan v Hull and the archetypal grass roots clash of Featherstone v Thatto Heath games, were similarly enjoyable .

And I wouldn't like to lose either.

4 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

If today's fixtures are a sign of things to come, then I think there is room for optimism. (is that allowed?) 

On TV today, we had the breaking of new ground with Wigan v Hull from Australia, followed by the Featherstone Lions v Thatto Heath in the CC, and on to the south of France for Catalans v Saints. The CC fixtures were largely traditional clashes, interspersed with the likes of the Army v London Chargers. The point being, there is the opportunity and time to support expansion and growth of the game whilst acknowledging historical roots and strengthening the grass roots game, in or out of the heartlands. 

In their own context, the internationalism of Wigan v Hull and the archetypal grass roots clash of Featherstone v Thatto Heath games, were similarly enjoyable .

And I wouldn't like to lose either.

I agree with you, Manxmanc.  And it is not just the quantity of Rl being shown; it is the quality.  I didn't see the Challenge Cup clash, but by all accounts on another thread, it was a cracker.  I did see Sky's two SL games.  After last weekend's rather run-of-the-mill clashes, these really enthused me...even though only one of my two teams won!

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I agree with you, Manxmanc.  And it is not just the quantity of Rl being shown; it is the quality.  I didn't see the Challenge Cup clash, but by all accounts on another thread, it was a cracker.  I did see Sky's two SL games.  After last weekend's rather run-of-the-mill clashes, these really enthused me...even though only one of my two teams won!

You can (and probably should) watch today's Cup game in full here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b0071xf7

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 hours ago, Futtocks said:

You can (and probably should) watch today's Cup game in full here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b0071xf7

Thanks - will do!

23 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

I think there is room for optimism. (is that allowed?) 

No and Parky will be here pretty soon to explain that the SL chairmen in a secret meeting and vote decided optimism was to be put aside and decided upon later as there was no rush to reach the correct decision for RL. He may also quote several journalists who agree with Parky on this very subject and all of them feel that buoyancy, looking forward, anticipation, confidence and exhilaration are just misplaced idealistic daydreaming and when compare  the dire state of everything RL to the magnificence of ru there is no point in even trying to expand the game any where, ever. 

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived