Cooke: ''I'm extremely proud of the character of the group''

Dons News

Doncaster RLFC player coach Paul Cooke spoke to the official website after his side’s narrow defeat to London Broncos.

The Dons trailed London 20-0 at the break but a second half fight-back lead to London just scraping a 26-22 victory.

Despite being disappointed with the way the Dons started the game, Cooke took a lot of heart from the performance.

He said: “I’m extremely proud of the character of the group, but I’d like a bit better quality at the start of the game. 

“It’s three from five where we have been behind after 15/20 minutes and we have not started the game well. 

“I’m proud of the boys and I know what I am going to get from them, I know I am going to get that kind of commitment every single week. 

“What we have to do is come up with some answers about the early part of the game, but to a man they are a credit.

“I say it every single week, I am proud of everyone single one of them and the players that didn’t play today that were left out, that are a part of our squad and make us a really tight unit. 

“We thank the players and Lee Radford from Hull FC for the quality that they gave us and we now move onwards to next week in what is a massive game against Featherstone Rovers.”

You can purchase tickets for next Sunday’s clash with Featherstone at the Keepmoat Stadium by clicking here.

To read the match read the match report with London Broncos click here.

To read reaction from Sam Doherty click here.

View the full article

Archived