Sat 4th May: SL: Leigh Leopards v Castleford Tigers KO 17:30 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/24 at 17:00

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh by +20

Still haunted by memories of 2017, when we'd had good results at home to Hudds and Warrington, where I think we only conceded one try across the two games. Only to then get beat by a Widnes side who were probably on a par with this season's London side.

Hopefully we do a better job of backing up the Catalans game than Jukes and co managed back then.

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

Still haunted by memories of 2017, when we'd had good results at home to Hudds and Warrington, where I think we only conceded one try across the two games. Only to then get beat by a Widnes side who were probably on a par with this season's London side.

Hopefully we do a better job of backing up the Catalans game than Jukes and co managed back then.

There was a game in between those, Wakefield away where were were comfortably in front until Drinkwater got injured and we succumbed to a late defeat. We as a club lost our heads after that one which led to the drop off in form(along with a fair few injuries). I think we're in a very different position to then with a much stronger coach and squad. 

Good to finally see Ipape back, meaning we're pretty much at full strength now except for Mulhern, although i suspect it will be a few weeks until Asiata and Ipape are fully back in the groove. We at least have the luxury of being able to limit Ipape's minutes with Dwyer in the team.

2 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

There was a game in between those, Wakefield away where were were comfortably in front until Drinkwater got injured and we succumbed to a late defeat. We as a club lost our heads after that one which led to the drop off in form(along with a fair few injuries). I think we're in a very different position to then with a much stronger coach and squad. 

Good to finally see Ipape back, meaning we're pretty much at full strength now except for Mulhern, although i suspect it will be a few weeks until Asiata and Ipape are fully back in the groove. We at least have the luxury of being able to limit Ipape's minutes with Dwyer in the team.

Lam suggested that McIntosh might be named on the bench. I hope that doesn't happen, with Ipape and Asiata probably playing reduced minutes from the bench. Would prefer to see Holmes keep his place in the 17, with either Davis or Brogan on the bench with them.

22 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Lam suggested that McIntosh might be named on the bench. I hope that doesn't happen, with Ipape and Asiata probably playing reduced minutes from the bench. Would prefer to see Holmes keep his place in the 17, with either Davis or Brogan on the bench with them.

I'm inclined to agree, I think we'll be looking at big minutes for Amone and Trout regardless with no Mulhern or Norman. I'd rather wait until Asiata and Ipape are up to speed before putting a back on the bench. 

6 hours ago, phiggins said:

Not sure either side can feel that they "should be" too strong. It's 9th vs 10th.

There's no denying that's the current ladder but a massive difference in defensive efforts, Cas sat at -112pd... Leigh by 30.

image.png.75e8face9eb0f4a63d726475cc35ac17.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Leigh-On-Kiwi said:

There's no denying that's the current ladder but a massive difference in defensive efforts, Cas sat at -112pd... Leigh by 30.

image.png.75e8face9eb0f4a63d726475cc35ac17.png

But they have won 2 out of their last 3 to be fair.

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

But they have won 2 out of their last 3 to be fair.

London was one but the Salford win looks even better now the way Salford are playing.

44 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

London was one but the Salford win looks even better now the way Salford are playing.

To be fair, Salford have been pretty hot and cold this year. They've just been fortunate some of those games were against were against poor or equally underperforming teams. Scraping past Cas in round 2 and London last month immediately spring to mind. 

• Like 1

Just now, DavidM said:

Tex giving Zak the steamroller treatment 

Quite impressively too.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Big turning point the video ref decision for the Cas no try. Yes it does look like the player is held up but the marker who was on the floor clearly gets involved and should have been a penalty for Cas. Instead Leigh go straight up the other end and score. I can't see any excuse for the video ref missing something so simple as that.

12 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Big turning point the video ref decision for the Cas no try. Yes it does look like the player is held up but the marker who was on the floor clearly gets involved and should have been a penalty for Cas. Instead Leigh go straight up the other end and score. I can't see any excuse for the video ref missing something so simple as that.

Leigh have had everything. There were a couple of very dubious penalties in the build up to the Ipape try too.

24 minutes ago, bratman said:

Great start from Cas, Hoy looking good!

Not convinced that it was entirely down to him that it didn't work out for him at Hull.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.