Cooke: ''We know what we are in for''

Dons News

<p>Doncaster RLFC player coach Paul Cooke spoke to the official website ahead of today’s game with Whitehaven.</p>

<p>The Dons take on the Cumbrian outfit at the Recreation Ground, still in search of a first win in 2015. </p>

<p>A Doncaster win would lift Cooke’s outfit from the bottom of the table and above Whitehaven, but to do so, the head coach says his side need the same attitude as the previous two games.</p>

<p>He said: “We spoke as a group that whatever happens on the field, we remain positive and I think what we have is a committed bunch.</p>

<p>“The players believe in their own and our abilities as a club, we need to pick a win up quickly but the players are certainly buying into what we are asking.</p>

<p>“The players were disappointed with the loss against Sheffield, but we were certainly not disgraced, we were good in lots of parts, we just lacked a little bit of quality in the right areas where we could have posted points.</p>

<p>“We have prepared  for the match against Whitehaven in the best way we can, by travelling up the day before, it is a big and vital game for this club.</p>

<p>“We did the right thing by changing our last game from Friday to Wednesday because if we had picked up the injuries we got against Sheffield on Friday, we wouldn’t have been able to back them up for today.</p>

<p>“I told the players that Easter was always going to be a tough period and that is the way it is turning out.</p>

<p>“I’ve seen a lot of Whitehaven, they were always going to struggle at the start of the year after the turmoil of the coach leaving.</p>

<p>“They are settling down a little bit, they had a good win against London at home and they are certainly tough at home and we know that.</p>

<p>“We know what we are in for and our players need to show the same effort, commitment and honesty as we did against Sheffield.”</p>

View the full article

Archived