Railway Rugby

Firstly let me apologise for this is a call for a charity rugby union game, but let me explain first.

I work for Network Rail and recently came across the fact that there is a Railway 'rugby' team, obviously I presumed right that this was a union side predominantly based down in the South East. Anyway I made contact with them expressing an interest in playing as and when I could.

I got talking to the bloke who runs it and we came up with the idea of hosting a charity game, North v South the ultimate grudge match. I have been charged with the task of raising the Northern team for the fixture in February which will raise funds for this year’s Network Rail's chosen charity, Clic Sergeant.

Currently I have 11-12 players all known to me within the Railway Industry, not a bad start but only 2 of them have played union before, but I'm sure the rest of us will be fine. I am just posting this to find out if any of you work or know of anyone who does in the Railway Industry and would like to be involved, please personal message me if you have any details.

Also if the team is successful we will defiantly be trying to arrange some league exhibition games as the majority if the players will be probably be raised from our code.

Thanks

Archived