First Friendly

The Baron Mk11

match report didn't say much - couldn't really as Salford won by a large margin - but I think all teams are feeling their way right now while playing friendlies - probably would have been better to play Salford as the last friendly and not the first ………..will see how the squad does against North Wales and Oldham and as Oldham beat Barrow last week I think it will be a good test before Sheffield away.

How about your match against Mayfield ?

On 1/15/2019 at 11:41 AM, wayne_r said:

match report didn't say much - couldn't really as Salford won by a large margin - but I think all teams are feeling their way right now while playing friendlies - probably would have been better to play Salford as the last friendly and not the first ………..will see how the squad does against North Wales and Oldham and as Oldham beat Barrow last week I think it will be a good test before Sheffield away.

How about your match against Mayfield ?

Scrappy, 18-12 to us. Mayfield played realy well and should do well in their league this season. You are right the teams are just finding their feet and getting used to playing together, and you are definately right about playing Salford at the end of the friendlies not the begining, still a run out is a run out, and can only benefit your squad. Roll on the next so called friendly, we've got Oldham in the Law cup, who have you got?

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

On 1/19/2019 at 6:25 PM, wayne_r said:

we have north wales crusaders tomorrow - so not as intense as your derby with Oldham - who as you know beat Barrow last week - should be a good match between you, our final friendly is against Oldham a week tomorrow.

Oldham played realy well, lots of passion, we played like ######, cann't even say the run out did us good, it was very poor indeed, got a lot of ground to make up.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

well the only benefit of friendlies is to allow the coaching staff to determine their starting 17 for the first league fixture and hopefully get some match fitness as well, also the risk to playing friendlies is injuries and Mike Ratu dislocated his shoulder so he we will be out for a while and the previous week one of our players dislocated his elbow

Hopefully, once the season starts the players will have both the passion and desire needed to win in what is expected to be a very competitive league...……….good luck for the season to both our teams

Archived