Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dirta

1911 Queensland rugby league

I have a old 1911 rugby league baggy maroon cap which I would like to find out more info about but can’t really find any info on google. Would love a picture of the Queensland team that toured that year. Just wondering if anyone else has a similar type cap. How do I upload a image from my own phots up here too. I’ll put up a picture of it. 

Hello Dirta,

I'm doing a book on Australian rugby league honour caps, I have three Queensland caps in my collection 1914, 1923 and 1925. The 1914 cap has a black lining with a black label with green writing embroidered on it reading, T.C Beirne & Co The Valley Brisbane. In the upper left hand corner it has a three leafed clover and in the bottom right hand corner it has Shamrock Clothing. The Q.R.L ordered 38 caps that year costing 14/6 ($1.45) each, as for a team photo you might want to contact the Q.R.L they might have one. I'd like to use a copy of the photos of the cap in my book if I can use your photos similar the the two I have posted.

1914 QRL FRONT.JPG

1914 QRL LABEL.JPG