Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Padge

The TRL Virtual Pub

Recommended Posts

On 08/06/2020 at 09:46, Mumby Magic said:

Anyone seen my stalker?

Put it away

  • Haha 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

And do you honestly think I'd go to places where they let the likes of me in ?

You are Groucho Marx and I claim my £10

  • Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made I through another Birthday without dying. Thank you .


Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Padge said:

You are Groucho Marx and I claim my £10

No, just a grouch, like me.

Edited by Bleep1673

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need a ? or twenty

Just got back from virtual Wembley having seen Watersheddings lose in the Twitter "Best Stadium" competition final to Mount Pleasant, Batley.   I didn't know they were going to charge virtual Wembley prices for a pint !

Oh well... I'll just console myself by reciting the Oldham RL motto which inaugurated in about 1930 ....

"Next year will be our year" !

Edited by RL does what Sky says

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

I need a ? or twenty

Just got back from virtual Wembley having seen Watersheddings lose in the Twitter "Best Stadium" competition final to Mount Pleasant, Batley.   I didn't know they were going to charge virtual Wembley prices for a pint !

Oh well... I'll just console myself by reciting the Oldham RL motto which inaugurated in about 1930 ....

"Next year will be our year" !

More sensible motto than Warrington's, "this is our year!". 

I remember going to actual Wembley (one of the worst stadiums I've ever been to BTW) and buying a burger from a van outside. Had a sodding heart attack. £10 for a funking burger! £10! I can get a blow job round these parts for that and I don't have to wander round looking for a bin for the knapkin afterwards. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

More sensible motto than Warrington's, "this is our year!". 

I remember going to actual Wembley (one of the worst stadiums I've ever been to BTW) and buying a burger from a van outside. Had a sodding heart attack. £10 for a funking burger! £10! I can get a blow job round these parts for that and I don't have to wander round looking for a bin for the knapkin afterwards. 

Never been to the "new" Wembley ... waiting until next year when it's ours !  Again, compared to the old one (even though that was past its time) it appears there is no style or character about it. When watching on tv you immediately knew it was the old stadium ... this one could be any of the many new ones.

However, from what you say it appears that somethings have improved .... the girls (well, I assume ?) never used to provide knapkins in those days !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Never been to the "new" Wembley ... waiting until next year when it's ours !  Again, compared to the old one (even though that was past its time) it appears there is no style or character about it. When watching on tv you immediately knew it was the old stadium ... this one could be any of the many new ones.

I attended the Saints v Catalans cup final and thought the new Stadium is impressive. Access to bars, food & toilets are much better than the old Wembley. Those who attended the old stadium will be delighted by the new, & anyone calling it a sterile, genetic design, have not travelled.


Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I attended the Saints v Catalans cup final and thought the new Stadium is impressive. Access to bars, food & toilets are much better than the old Wembley. Those who attended the old stadium will be delighted by the new, & anyone calling it a sterile, genetic design, have not travelled.

As I said in my previous post, the old stadium was past its time and, yes, the modern facilities inside the new stadium will be better. I was just commenting on its style and character and that it looked different to others of its time. If now switching onto a match already in progress it's not easy to immediately know it's Wembley as compared to some others.

Edited by RL does what Sky says

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

As I said in my previous post, the old stadium was past its time and, yes, the modern facilities inside the new stadium will be better. I was just commenting on its style and character and that it looked different to others of its time. If now switching onto a match already in progress it's not easy to immediately know it's Wembley as compared to some others.

Maybe you dont watch enough sport, Wembley is different to other new stadia, on the TV, which is where you watched your sport from, maybe I'm an anorak, but when the management posted the Guess the Grounds quiz last month I got all correct, because they are not the sterile grounds you imagine, go to the Cardiff Millenium, or the KC, or LSV or even the crumbly grounds like POR, Belle Vue & Wheldon Rd, is that what RL deserves?

Edited by Bleep1673

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Maybe you dont watch enough sport, Wembley is different to other new stadia, on the TV, which is where you watched your sport from, maybe I'm an anorak, but when the management posted the Guess the Grounds quiz last month I got all correct, because they are not the sterile grounds you imagine, go to the Cardiff Millenium, or the KC, or LSV or even the crumbly grounds like POR, Belle Vue & Wheldon Rd, is that what RL deserves?

Well, as with anything on any subject, people have their own views and opinions ... nobody is right and nobody is wrong - it's just personal taste. As I said, it is just that I was always able to immediaterly know it was the old Wembley if I switched on midway through a game whereas now - until it shows a wider shot - I can't distinguish it from some others grounds whereas other people might.

Actually I too got a full house in that quiz because the photos showed fairly distintive characteristics, well apart from the French one, which I guessed as I knew the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Well, as with anything on any subject, people have their own views and opinions ... nobody is right and nobody is wrong - it's just personal taste. As I said, it is just that I was always able to immediaterly know it was the old Wembley if I switched on midway through a game whereas now - until it shows a wider shot - I can't distinguish it from some others grounds whereas other people might.

Actually I too got a full house in that quiz because the photos showed fairly distintive characteristics, well apart from the French one, which I guessed as I knew the others.

What you’re saying is you find it easier to recognise a ground you’ve seen games from and attended many games at for at least 40 years. Over a ground that’s less than 20 yrs old that you’ve never been to. Who’d a thunk it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

What you’re saying is you find it easier to recognise a ground you’ve seen games from and attended many games at for at least 40 years. Over a ground that’s less than 20 yrs old that you’ve never been to. Who’d a thunk it. 

If you want to put it that way ... yes. So, what's wrong in that ?  Whether I had been to the old Wembley or not makes no difference to recognising it on tv.   I just said that I could easily recognise it was the old Wembley (even on a close-up shot on tv) whereas now I can't.  If you can that's fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching A&E After Dark from Hull and there is a drunk who has fallen and hit his head and he's says to the doctor, "i only drink moderately, I only have 8 cans a night, that's it". We do drinking properly in hull! ?

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Watching A&E After Dark from Hull and there is a drunk who has fallen and hit his head and he's says to the doctor, "i only drink moderately, I only have 8 cans a night, that's it". We do drinking properly in hull! ?

Doctor said to him "You have a drink problem !"  He replied "No I don't. I never have a problem drinking."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought a Chicken Bake from my local T/away & he offered me a 2 for £1 deal, the chick bake was ok, I was hungry, the sausage s41t was something served by Dibblers apprentice in Discworld books.


Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/06/2020 at 16:32, Bleep1673 said:

Bought a Chicken Bake from my local T/away & he offered me a 2 for £1 deal, the chick bake was ok, I was hungry, the sausage s41t was something served by Dibblers apprentice in Discworld books.

Sorry, bleep, but you cannot bring your own food in here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Slips half eaten Greggs steak bake into HGs pocket]


That dawning realisation that politicians are worse than the Mafia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's going on?

I tried to get in at 6am and it was shut.


Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bearman said:

What's going on?

I tried to get in at 6am and it was shut.

I think the management are playing it safe, after there was a spot of bother yesterday.  Some baldish, 30-something bloke, turned up demanding a pint of cider and a plate of chips.  He was told where to go, of course, but it made the management nervous, so I don't think they will open before lunchtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...