Bid on Brad’s shirt for Rob

Warriors News

The special embroidered debut shirt worn by Brad Singleton in last Friday’s Round 15 Betfred Super League game with Warrington Wolves – in support of Leeds legend Rob Burrow – is now up for auction. 

After 30 embroidered home shirts were sold and £16,500 was raised for the Rob Burrow Fund via the Club’s Community Foundation eBay page earlier in the season, Singleton wanted to pay his own tribute to his friend – Rob – who was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease in December 2019. 

Singleton, who signed for Wigan last month, played his first game for the Warriors on Friday as he came off the bench in the 18-14 win over Warrington Wolves at Emerald Headingley Stadium. 

The prop forward’s debut jersey was specially embroidered with “Friend” – the word he chose to describe Rob.  

Singleton said: “I’ve known him for ten years. He was my first foundation coach when I was at Leeds. He’s a legend of a bloke and his family is wonderful.  

“He’s one of the best dads I’ve ever seen. He’s so devoted to his kids and for me, I got the opportunity to put his name on my shirt and it meant a lot.  

“If that raises a little bit of money and awareness for MND and someone can get a cure out there – I hope it happens.  

“It’s up for grabs and I hope all rugby league fans get behind it. Hopefully, we can raise a bit of cash for them.” 

The auction for Singleton’s debut shirt has opened as of Monday 12th October and will run through to Saturday 18th October at XXX – allowing fans of all clubs to place their bids before/after the conclusion of the Coral Challenge Cup Final between Salford Red Devils and Brad’s old club Leeds Rhinos. Click HERE to head straight to the auction. 

All proceeds will be donated to the Rob Burrow Fund, which is supporting Rob in dealing with his diagnosis and raising awareness to aid research into MND. 

Click HERE to bid now. 

Please note, if the winning bidder would like their shirt to be signed or to have a personalised message from Brad, this can be arranged once the auction has ended and payment has been received. 

Collection is welcome from our Robin Park Arena headquarters. Please check our UK and international postage costs before bidding. 

For more information on the Rob Burrow Fund, click HERE. 

You can see how Rob is battling the condition in a special and emotive BBC Two documentary at 7pm on Tuesday night, ‘Rob Burrow: My Year With MND’. The broadcast was initially scheduled for Monday night, but has been put back by 24 hours to avoid a clash with the live announcement of the Government’s new tiers of Covid-19 restrictions.

The post Bid on Brad’s shirt for Rob appeared first on Wigan Warriors Blog.

View the full article

Archived