Investments

I am seeking a little input.

I am reading all about EIS, VCT and SEIS investment vehicles.

I can see all the income tax and capital gains tax benefits that come with these and the fact they are offset by the higher risks of investing in seeding funds and the lower liquidity due to the length of time you have to stay invested without forfeiting your tax gains.

Despite being able to weigh up the pro's and con's, I am really on the fence about whether I should dip my toe into these investment types.

I don't have anyone to bounce ideas off in lockdown (and it's a difficult conversation to have with colleagues).

Without going into any detail as I wouldn't press you on it, has anyone invested in these and would you say it was a good decision all things considered?

Any input very much appreciated. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived