Broncos players to mark passing of Matt King OBE with private tribute

Broncos News

Following the terrible news last week that former London Broncos player Matt King OBE had passed away the 1st Team’s Leadership group made a request to the club for them to be able to pay their respects throughout the 2021 season to the former London Broncos Academy player.

It has been decided that the 1st Team players will carry Matt’s name on the inside of their collar as a permanent reminder of the wonderful work Matt did as a speaker following his tragic accident playing for the club as a 17 year old.

Club Captain Will Lovell paid tribute to Matt saying “ I’d like to pass on my condolences to Matt’s family for their loss. Matt was an inspiring man and to have him with us this year on our shirts is a great honour. He will be missed by all at the Broncos. ”

The thoughts of Will were echoed by Senior 1st Team player Olsi Krasniqi who added “I was saddened to hear the news of Matt King’s passing.”

“I had the pleasure of meeting Matt on a number of occasions over the last ten years. Listening to him speak about his story I was immensely impressed by his courage, he had such a positive attitude towards life.”

“To have his life changed in an instant at such a young age and then to go on to attack his situation head on, with such enthusiasm, is truly inspiring. It’s testament to his strength of character and it will be an honour for us to wear his name inside our collars.”

“I want to take this opportunity to send my sincere condolences to Matt’s family.”

View the full article

Archived