"Town are having a party, Town are having a party....the Dons are in the bin, the Dons are in the bin"....less than a year since we sang that.. so..

chromedome

who the heck were the 'party poopers' then????????

All the Town fans v Dons in the 2997 (aye righto that's another story) present were co**k- a- hoop....great win so roll on next season.

Doh............Who would have dreamt it eh.???...one win, plus a cup tie......oh and the Ike Southward trophy got the jambos in 'The Bin'..yayyyy.

But almost catastrophic failings behind the scenes made heaven into hell at Derwent Park, 'almost' being an understatement.

Lessons must surely have been learnt and a quick fix must be top priority....wish I had the financial clout to help.

I think it a may be another three or four years to repair much of the done damage....hopefully the powers that be currently in charge of the RL game allow it.

UTT....................let's have another party asap.

Edited by chromedome

Still no one has admitted any responsibility, or even explained why the club is in this financial mess. Surely the Board has to be accountable to fans  especially when they , as usual , have been calling on them to bail the club out.

Seems to me that the BOD in return should be offering fans' representation on the board.

I also want the idea of turning Town  into a Supporters Trust run club to be kept on the agenda.

56 minutes ago, REX said:

Still no one has admitted any responsibility, or even explained why the club is in this financial mess. Surely the Board has to be accountable to fans  especially when they , as usual , have been calling on them to bail the club out.

Seems to me that the BOD in return should be offering fans' representation on the board.

I also want the idea of turning Town  into a Supporters Trust run club to be kept on the agenda.

Fans can always join the BoD, the board is made up of fans! As for a supporters trust, when has that ever been on any agenda? The club is owned by the shareholders.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Fans can always join the BoD,

You know what Ron I think you'd be an asset to the club via the BOD. You say it as it is, which is a good and honest manner to handle club affairs.

However maybe the 'pitfalls' of such a role wouldn't please you?

I know several former BOD members who couldn't keep pace with certain needs of the club....think you'll be aware of this.

But I repeat you'd do a good job.......in my humble opinion.

17 hours ago, chromedome said:

You know what Ron I think you'd be an asset to the club via the BOD. You say it as it is, which is a good and honest manner to handle club affairs.

However maybe the 'pitfalls' of such a role wouldn't please you?

I know several former BOD members who couldn't keep pace with certain needs of the club....think you'll be aware of this.

But I repeat you'd do a good job.......in my humble opinion.

Thanks Keith, but I'm too old! There are bound to be young dynamic & honest people who would be an asset to the club. Maybe a fan's forum isn't the best place to find them though.