Batley Match

wayner

So team carried on from second half against Halifax - on paper we had a good team - not sure why Butt was not selected and Lloyd at centre with Spedding on the wing ? 

Young Roberts looked really good - a great prospect for St Helens.

Second half when the match was lost team started to play as we know they can..........but all far too late.

Keighley also in free fall - we need to start winning games - next week at Widnes ? lets hope so.

Think Butt is injured, Spedding looked good in the centre but never looks sure of his positioning on the wing. Roberts got MOTM and cant argue with that, took on the line well and put up some high bombs. Some of our pack went missing, dont know if its lack of confidence or fitness, or simply being lazy but the way we dropped off some of our tackles in the first half was terrible. 

Something needs to change and quickly if we are going to stay up 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

We used to get eh lions roar newsletter that updated us on injuries and other items but we seem to have given up on that, like we have given up on all communication with fans unless they want our money 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

I agree about Spedding far better as a centre. Also Batley targeted Abram with high kicks and they scored off at least two of them.

Staying up will depend on the team playing consistently and they can't seem to do that right now - think we have struggled in the half backs or should I say stand off as Gibson has been really good at scrum half.

Roberts seems like a great prospect but how often will he play for us ?

Still don't think Bennion is match fit - he was out of sorts in first half but was better in the second - sorry to say it but Ellis didn't bring anything to the team and I do not see him (yet) being in the starting 17

The way things are I think we are a strong candidate to go straight back down 😞

• Like 1