MATTY RUDD SIGNS FOR 2024

HornyHornyHorneeet

MATTY RUDD SIGNS FOR 2024

5410.png

Rochdale Hornets are delighted to announce the signing of utility, Matty Rudd ahead of the 2024 season.

Rochdale Hornets are delighted to announce the signing of utility half, Matty Rudd, who will join the club ahead of the 2024 season. Matty joins the club on the back of a successful season with Salford Reserves last year.

Chairman, Andy Mazey, commented on the signing; "Matty is a player I know well from his Leigh East days and have kept a close eye on his progress. He’s from a really good  family and he actually came and did a pre season at Swinton in 2019 with Stu Littler while he was only a young lad and did very well. He has a first class attitude, pace to burn and a fantastic skill set. He has worked hard on his game and physical development over the past couple of years earning England  representative honours in the community game and impressing in this years Super League reserve grade competition for Salford. Gary did his homework and personally watched him a number of times this year and was very keen to get him onboard. Welcome to Hornets Matty"

Matty added, "I'm really excited to be signing for Rochdale. It’s going to bring new challenges and different experiences and I’m looking forward to being part of such an ambitious club.

Being involved in the Reserves system in 2023 has given me the chance to improve my game at a higher level and I’d like to thank everyone involved at Salford for their guidance and support in taking this next step.

I’d like to thank Gary and Andy for giving me this opportunity and I can’t wait to meet everyone and get to work in 2024!"

Player sponsorship is available for Matty Rudd at £300+VAT for Supporter Sponsor and £500+VAT for Corporate Sponsor. Contact the club for more information.