NCL Premier Division Grand Final

2 hours ago, billybison said:

Hunslet ARLFC had their awards night last Friday so their players selected were excused from attending 

Would explain it! 
who were the Hunslet players meant to be there? 
for me it would be a disgrace if the mcshanes, dargan and shulver at the very least weren’t selected 

9 hours ago, rugbylad09 said:

Saw there was a trial this weekend and a fair few obvious faces were missing from the photo I saw- steen, dargan, mcshane and I believe wood to name a few. Hope they haven’t been overlooked/there’s another trial 

2 hours ago, rugbylad09 said:

Would explain it! 
who were the Hunslet players meant to be there? 
for me it would be a disgrace if the mcshanes, dargan and shulver at the very least weren’t selected 

Dargan wouldn’t be there as his played for u23s, Think you can only get picked for one squad not u23s and open age 

10 hours ago, Cumbria1 said:

Dargan wouldn’t be there as his played for u23s, Think you can only get picked for one squad not u23s and open age 

Is it not for the new season/separate tour though? 
I’m sure I heard on the pro-am podcast by Dave Parkinson (give it a listen if you haven’t it’s fantastic for amateur rugby league) that the 23s this year was to look at a few players for the open age team

• 2 months later...

Seen todays open age trial photo, definitely a few recognisable and hopefully selected faces in their as I believe they’re up there in the positions best- mcshane, dargan, dearden, crellin, pike (who I forgot about originally) mccallum, shulver and tracey! 
didn’t see many west hull lads, their team sheet for a friendly today had a few notable names in (wood, steen, arbon)

excited to hear the final squad and I hope all of the above mentioned are selected, not to discredit anyone else!