Recruitment / Combine Idea - Turkey / Türkiye

Hey all, 

I am a coach and help run Izmir Rugby League in Turkey.

I have been considering some ideas to present to our board for 2024 to give Rugby League a player and development edge. 

One of the ideas in my head has been an Under 21's Open trial event in front of atleast one European Club recruitment officer whilst also producing stats and video (like an American combine) 

To join players would have to have played at least six games of Rugby League in 2024. (I would be looking at late 2024) 

I am keen on creating a younger development and recruitment pipeline.

There are some great athletes here but some additional motivation could be helpful. Some players represent Turkey but imo it is too late and I doubt any recruitment officers are watching. 

If people have any contacts of coaches or recruitment officers / even clubs in the top two or three tiers that may be interested in some form of link up I would be keen to chat. 

My goal would be to fly one or two out possibly at our expense (nothing fancy) for 1 - 3 days of development and possible recruitment. 

Union keeps 'trumping' us with Rugby 7's (🤮 ) representation for Türkiye  which I personally think is a little lame but a strong recruitment call. 

Please message me if you have any contacts.