Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sky Sports picks for week ending 1/8/2010

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:39 PM

Friday 30th July: Leeds Rhinos vs Wigan Warriors, Kick-Off 20:00

Saturday 31st July: Warrington Wolves vs St Helens, Kick-Off 18:45

Two classics in the making I feel.

Edited by Tommy The C5t, 12 July 2010 - 03:00 PM.

#2 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

Three of those sides will have one eye on the Challenge Cup semis the next week
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#3 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,433 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (ArmchairRhino @ Jul 12 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Three of those sides will have one eye on the Challenge Cup semis the next week

Correct, and that is why 2nd place is so important IF Wires try and achieve the impossible and getting to a GF

#4 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,940 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:25 AM

Should be a fascinating 4 weeks for Wire - Wigan, Cats away, Saints and Cats - esp with Cats getting their act together with a vengeance now they have their key players back. I would have thought that if they are serious about wanting to finish 2nd and get to the semi they should aim to produce their best performances back to back for the last 2 of those games. Being involved in an epic at Wigan could leave them suffering in the weeks ahead to no useful prupose if Wigan keep doing what they've been doing and secure first spot whatever the result.

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 13 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Should be a fascinating 4 weeks for Wire - Wigan, Cats away, Saints and Cats - esp with Cats getting their act together with a vengeance now they have their key players back. I would have thought that if they are serious about wanting to finish 2nd and get to the semi they should aim to produce their best performances back to back for the last 2 of those games. Being involved in an epic at Wigan could leave them suffering in the weeks ahead to no useful prupose if Wigan keep doing what they've been doing and secure first spot whatever the result.

It's certainly make or break. The positive thing for me this year is that we haven't lost two games on the bounce, which could be crucial during the next few weeks.

Hopefully we are now due a top performance as we have been a little off colour for a while now (Friday would be perfect!).

Ultimately, I would be happy if the table finished as is, Wigan have held that top spot for most of the year, and we have had 2nd, I would be disappointed to blow that now and finish 3rd or 4th and lose home advantage in the playoffs.

If losing Friday meant we would still finish 2nd and make Wembley, then that will do for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users