Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Found this for Workington Town fans (and dewsbury)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (dkw @ Aug 1 2010, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you remember which teams it was we nilled at DP? I remember one being Bradford.

We only nilled one team at DP - beat Salford 34-0 - but we kept other teams to low scores such as Fev 2, Hull 4 etc

Also, that was the season we got the club record victory when we beat Leigh 94-4.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#22 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Derwent @ Aug 1 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, that was the season we got the club record victory when we beat Leigh 94-4.

tongue.gif thanks for that reminder - at least we've never done worse since 1995

Edited by amh, 01 August 2010 - 01:09 PM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#23 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Derwent @ Aug 1 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We only nilled one team at DP - beat Salford 34-0 - but we kept other teams to low scores such as Fev 2, Hull 4 etc

Are you sure? I thought we nilled 2 or 3 on the bounce. I remember us battering Bradford though when they were still the steampigs. Though we could probably give em a good game now... tongue.gif

#24 Richard de la Riviere

Richard de la Riviere
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (dkw @ Aug 1 2010, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure? I thought we nilled 2 or 3 on the bounce. I remember us battering Bradford though when they were still the steampigs. Though we could probably give em a good game now... tongue.gif

Bradford was something like 34-12. It was played 3 days after an England game in which Newlove got injured and so missed the Town game. Dave Watson got sin binned and we scored three tries while he was off the field.

Seem to remember Shaun Austerfield debuted for them and had a nightmare at fullback.

Can't remember any other nillings than Salford.

#25 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Richard de la Rivière @ Aug 1 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bradford was something like 34-12. It was played 3 days after an England game in which Newlove got injured and so missed the Town game. Dave Watson got sin binned and we scored three tries while he was off the field.

Seem to remember Shaun Austerfield debuted for them and had a nightmare at fullback.

Can't remember any other nillings than Salford.

Ive been trying to find results from that season and cant find em anywhere. Though your recollection does sound right to be fair, your memory is obviously a hell of a lot better than mine. Thinking back to that side is fun though, that pack was as good as anything in the league then. I can remember us losing our 1st game to Leeds only because Fawcett went off injured after dominating Iro all game, and narrowly losing to Saints with pickavance making the difference coming on as sub.

#26 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (amh @ Aug 1 2010, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tongue.gif thanks for that reminder - at least we've never done worse since 1995

Sorry biggrin.gif

It was quite funny after the game watching your chairman demand the club blazers and ties back from the players in the bar saying they weren't fit to wear them ! I think he was very close to not letting them back on the bus and leaving them stranded biggrin.gif

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users