Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Clubb looking forward to facing his mates in the Capital Challenge

Broncos media release

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

London Broncos forward Tony Clubb is relishing the opportunity of facing his mates in the annual pre-season friendly against their London neighbours in the Capital Challenge.

The game will be the ninth annual Capital Challenge between the London Broncos and London Skolars and will again be held at the prestigious Honourable Artillery Company in the heart of the City of London on Friday January 11, kick-off 2:00pm.

Clubb, 25, has played 141 games for the Broncos since breaking into the first team in 2006 and is second on the current longest serving players at the club behind Chad Randall. Speaking about the pre-season game against the Skolars Clubb said:

“It’s a good warm-up game for us and it’s beneficial for both teams. “It’s good because I play against some of my friends that are down there and it’s always nice to get into them. I’m good friends with Dave Williams and I spoke to Rob Thomas and he’s looking forward to it too. They are keeping themselves in pretty good nick so it’ll be interesting.”

The Broncos ran out 42-14 winners in last season’s fixture but not before the Skolars gave the Super League side a fright in a physical opening to the game.

“It’ll be a good game for us,” continued Clubb, “It was a good tough game for us last year and it puts us in good stead for the season. We got off to a slow start last year and they got on top of us a bit, after the opening period our fitness kicked in a little bit and we got on top and scored a few tries. Joe (Mbu) has got them going well, and they proved that last year just missing out on the play-offs, they are an improving team. I look forward to playing at the HAC, the boys still don’t believe me that it’s in the middle of London, but it’s a good venue. It’s a bit of a smaller pitch so it’s better for me not having to run so far. It’s pretty old school how the crowd stand around the pitch but I enjoy it.”

With the Broncos well into their pre-season training Clubb admits it’s been a tough few weeks.

“These next few days are going to test us. It’s been one of the toughest I’ve done for a long time. Every day we’re doing conditioning - two weights sessions a day - and we get home pretty late and have to be up again at 6am so it’s pretty gruelling. But we’re all in good condition, if we get through this week we’re allowed some time off, and come back and kick into December. Once we come back after Christmas it’s the business time when we have to start playing.”

The Capital Challenge is being sponsored by three major city companies: Capita, Boost ETP and NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes. Match tickets are on sale now.
For further information visit http://www.londonbro...hes_on_sale.php
If you are interested in attending the luncheon, with guest speaker Jason Robinson, information can be obtained by contacting the London Skolars offices on 020 8888 8488 or e-mail howardkramer@skolarsrl.com

Media and PR
London Broncos Rugby League

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

nice to see broncos up for it

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users