RFL PREVIEW and reports from the fans

Eagleraider

A good result against a team tipped by many (including me) for promotion this year.

Despite Johnny not having his best day with the boot, despite having a player sent off (I didn't see what happened there but fair enough). On the other hand Mr Hicks missed more than a couple of haymakers from York.

A great display from the youthful number 6 and what can you say about the prop who gets hat-tricks for fun.

And.....we still have Ryan Hepworth, Danny Mills and an unknown signing who is likely to be revealed tomorrow :D :D to come in.

There are two rules for success:

1.) Don't tell all you know.

Good game poor ref for both sides. Misi shows some promise - be better ob harder ground - hope Groom is OK????

Where does it put us in the table???

Pool Two Table Sunday, 14 February 2010 17:31 UK

Team P W D L F A BP PTS

1 Leigh 3 2 0 1 72 31 1 7

2 Halifax 2 2 0 0 92 0 0 6

3 Hunslet 2 2 0 0 88 26 0 6

4 Dewsbury 3 2 0 1 98 40 0 6

5 Sheffield 2 1 1 0 58 28 0 5

6 Oldham 3 1 0 2 48 66 1 4

7 York 2 1 0 1 23 52 0 3

8 Featherstone 2 0 1 1 24 54 0 2

9 Rochdale 2 0 0 2 26 70 1 1

10 London Skolars 3 0 0 3 16 178 0 0

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

eagletarian.gif

Started well, but the latter 20 minutes of the first half were particularly poor. I thought second half, collectively, we were outstanding, especially as we played virtually all of it with 12 men. Didn't have the best view of the sending off but it looked fair enough from where I was stood, seemed to lead with the elbow. However, I think that is the single most incompetent refereeing performance I have ever seen, not often you will find a fan saying that after such a comprehensive win. He was woeful, for both sides, but missed a couple of dreadful high tackles by York on us. The one where Jason Mossop broke away and was clubbed around the back of the head - how did he and both his assistants miss that? I thought it was at least a yellow card tackle.

Jonny had a bit of an off day with the boot, I think it will still be interesting who is the regular goal taker though if John Coleman gets a regular spot in the side. Misi showed signs that he could be a top signing, bit shakey on defence but I'm sure it will improve with games, remember how Menzie started last year. Jason Mossop also looks like a solid signing, and what can you say about Mitch, a hat-trick scoring prop! Quality.

card.png

Seriously - you are right about the back of the head incident but I honestly thought that the ref didn't see it - the touchjudges didn't help one bit except for the offside call preventing an early York try

There are two rules for success:

1.) Don't tell all you know.

Not one single player or member of the coaching staff within hearing disagreed with the red card. Alex lead with the elbow and it was as far as most were concerned a combination of style and means of trying to beat the tackle. I don't think you would call it malicious. York were guilty of far too many high tackles and also trying the super league trick of lying on too long and reefing on the blind side.

Penalty count: Sheffield 9 York 8

Awarded to Eagles : Ball steal 3; holding down 2; off-side 1; high tackle 2; "unintentional off side with a heading of the ball for an interception !"

Conceeded by Eagles: double move, holding down, off-side,use of elbow(46 mins-Red); swinging armhigh tackle , and one on 32 min and one on 77 min which were not noted due to PA activity!

Scrums:Eagles 6 York 6

Interchanges: Eagles 11 York 9

Drop Outs: Eagles 3 [19,21,48] York 2 [17, 29]

Kicking : Woodcock 4 from 8 [50%]; Waterman(York) 1 from 2 [50%]

2nd half was strange as 4th official and I had time at 38 min 11 secs when the hooter went, and all we could work out was that possibly the clock wasn't stopped every time time off was indicated !!!

Not complaining though but it is the first time we had this scenario. :huh:

More stats to follow:

By the way it looked from the bench, the injury occured in a tackle where the York player fell on his ankle/leg. I am sure the video may clear it up

PS: Half time Eagles 8 York 6

Full time Eagles 40 York 10

Eagles tries: Stringer[8,52,65]; Cook [59,70]; McDonald[14]; Ropati [43]; Hirst [49];

Woodcock converted on 52,59,65,70

York: Tries: Reittie(23); Waterman(73) Goal :Waterman (23)

Edited by Eagleraider
Added scorers

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

Started well, but the latter 20 minutes of the first half were particularly poor. I thought second half, collectively, we were outstanding, especially as we played virtually all of it with 12 men. Didn't have the best view of the sending off but it looked fair enough from where I was stood, seemed to lead with the elbow. However, I think that is the single most incompetent refereeing performance I have ever seen, not often you will find a fan saying that after such a comprehensive win. He was woeful, for both sides, but missed a couple of dreadful high tackles by York on us. The one where Jason Mossop broke away and was clubbed around the back of the head - how did he and both his assistants miss that? I thought it was at least a yellow card tackle.

Jonny had a bit of an off day with the boot, I think it will still be interesting who is the regular goal taker though if John Coleman gets a regular spot in the side. Misi showed signs that he could be a top signing, bit shakey on defence but I'm sure it will improve with games, remember how Menzie started last year. Jason Mossop also looks like a solid signing, and what can you say about Mitch, a hat-trick scoring prop! Quality.

ESO I could not agree more on what you said, infact it's exactly what I said. Give or take a bit :mellow: We looked the business in the first 10 n I thought it was in the bag, but in the next 20 I thought that it was either gonna b a draw or they may jus edge it. Then it all changed, we were a bit scetchty at times, but my God we were awesome at some points. All in all it give me confidence. I've gta mention Craig Cook n Brendon, outstanding, oh yeah n Mitch. I thought the ref was dire, I mean dire. Well done to our boys.

"Seriously, a nutless monkey could do your job"

Which Wayne Reittie was it?!

According to t'internet.....

Wayne Reittie (born 1988 in London, England) is a Jamaican rugby league player.

Reittie plays for the York City Knights in Championship 1 having started out as a professional with Doncaster RLFC.

He played for Hunslet Hawks in the latter half of 2009 following financial difficulties at Co-operative Championship club Doncaster. The York City Knights had expressed an interest in the Leeds raised winger, but he opted for their Championship One rivals Hunslet.

Wayne Reittie's usual position is as a winger.

He is a Jamaican international.

He was born in London and brought up in Leeds. He played for Hunslet Parkside as a junior, the same club as dual-code international Jason Robinson.

Reittie is a product of the Leeds Rhinos Academy.

;)

Edited by Eagleraider
spelling correction !!

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat