Toronto sign Tom Armstrong

Michael1812

It looks like the Tom Armstrong discussion has migrated over to the General Rugby League Forum: http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/307479-tom-armstrong-to-toronto/

Members there might be able to provide more insight about what we can expect from him; however, from a Wolfpack fan perspective, I'm really starting to wonder, with all of these signings:

1. Is a larger squad simply to be expected, given the additional games and tougher competition, next year, and the inevitable injury substitutions this new normal will require?
  2. Are we likely to see anyone be dropped, traded, requesting transfer, or retiring over this off season; and, if so, who?
  3. What are our odds of promotion, from Championship, into the Super League, in 2018-19?

The size of the squad depends on the size of the contracts that are signed. Obviously the more you pay individual players the smaller your squad. Too small a squad and you risk struggling if you suffer too many injuries and have difficulty covering your losses with sufficient quality. Too big a squad and you'd be questioning if the individual players are good enough to do the job. It's a balancing act and one of the aspects Mr Rowley has to get as right as he possibly can. 

I'm certain some players currently with the WP won't be there next season. There'll be natural wastage with some players retiring (MoiMoi? Whiting?) and players not being offered a new contract. The harsh reality of professional sport.

The odds on promotion to SL will depend on who is signed and who is released. There's a way to go before that one is completed.

rldfsignature.jpg

This signing leaves me underwhelmed....

I feel we are getting someone else's castoff.  I have been hoping for bigger, faster and better, but in this one it seems like we went sideways (literally as well as figuratively if commentary is to be believed) if not in fact regressed.

Archived