Match officials

K.Loxton

Featherstone Rovers v Whitehaven 3pm

Ref W Turley TJ L Fellows TJ A Sweet RR N Aspey MC S Taylor

W Turley is the 19 year old ref who Mr Aston complained to the RFL about last week, whoops!

Featherstone Rovers v Halifax RLFC 7.30pm

Ref G Hewer TJ G Hodgson TJ C Dean RR R Dolan MC I Muir

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.

"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

TBH i have never much cared who the ref is for FEV games. It's not that i think they are all ###### i just believe that the ref has now got too much on his plate. We should be using the assistant referees more. When you think of all the things he has to look out for i'm amazed they don't make more mistakes and miss even more penalties.

Admitted some of them can be over pedantic and a bit petty. But i always feel when we are denied a blatant penalty. "what goes around comes around". Doesn't stop me calling him a useless sod at the time.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Lets face it, who would want to ref! I play football on a sunday morning and give refs stick and same on a sunday afternoon at rovers games ( we all do it really!) But i wouldn't want to ref myself, so fair play to the men in the middle who put up with all the stick they get. I do believe the standard of refs in rugby league isn't the best at the minute though.

Give the lad a break. At nineteen and being given these relatively high profile games shows he has potential to make it in the game. If he doesn't make a mistake he will be the first ref not to. Good luck to him and lets hope he handles a nice flowing game.

Having done the job myself, albeit at a much lower level, you'd think I'd know better, but I'm as bad as anybody for calling the referee during a game. It's amazing how much better their performance looks when the adrenaline stops and I watch the game on DVD later.

Good luck to anyone who takes it on.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >