Terry Clawson

LOWFIELD

As i was sunning myself abroard i took a book with me called "all the wrong moves" it is the autobiography of former Rovers player Terry Clawson it was a great read and any Rovers fan would like it. He played in the famous game with ST Helens when a teenager i can just about remember him when he came back to Rovers in the 70s. Great read

I Also took All The Wrong Moves 'Clogger's' excellent book on hols a couple of years ago and am in full agreement for those slightly more mature fans shall we say, or those with long memories this really is an excellent book.

T.C. writes in a very informative manner with more than a touch of humour, thoroughly enjoyed it cover to cover in 3 days which for someone who hardly ever reads is the mark of a good read in my book :lol:

A good servant to Rovers although other clubs may have had the best of Terry, those inside the game often refer to him as one of the hardest ever to step onto a field - Frightened of Nothing !!

I Also took All The Wrong Moves 'Clogger's' excellent book on hols a couple of years ago and am in full agreement for those slightly more mature fans shall we say, or those with long memories this really is an excellent book.

T.C. writes in a very informative manner with more than a touch of humour, thoroughly enjoyed it cover to cover in 3 days which for someone who hardly ever reads is the mark of a good read in my book :lol:

A good servant to Rovers although other clubs may have had the best of Terry, those inside the game often refer to him as one of the hardest ever to step onto a field - Frightened of Nothing !!

I loved the book m8 as you say plenty of humour enjoyed all the sledging remarks amongst players in the scrum and open play. Terry did remarkable to say he nearly lost his life at a young age to TB. I was also amazed to learn the TB hospital was at Gateforth Hall i remember that well as the celler bar that was popular in the 80s as the place to be on a Thursday night

Edited by LOWFIELD

I remember one game at the Old Brley Mow (Bramley) when he had run ins with a Bramley player. He looked up and saw the player bending over to tie his laces, Terry kicked up right up the Anal channel and kept walking before the ref told him to. Great player great goal kicker too.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.