Catalan half-back Williams heading back to NRL

Catalan Dragons scrum-half Sam Williams is to rejoin Canberra Raiders after less than one season with the Super League club.

The 23-year-old joined the Dragons on a short-term deal from St George Illawarra in June with a view to earning a long-term contract and has played in nine of their last 11 matches.

Williams, who has signed a two-year deal with the Raiders, will embark on a play-off campaign with the Dragons before heading back to the NRL – with Saturday’s game against Leeds potentially his last for the club, should they lose.

“Sam is a gifted playmaker who we believe will be a valuable asset for our squad,” said Raiders recruitment and high-performance manager David Hamilton.

Williams played 42 first-grade matches for the Raiders before moving to St George in 2013.

“The Raiders are my home club with some of my best mates and a club I’ve always wanted to see successful so I’d love to be a part of any success we have in the future,” Williams said.

The post Catalan half-back Williams heading back to NRL appeared first on Rugby League news and Super League scores | Total Rugby League.

View the full article on TotalRL.com

Total Rugby League
www.totalrl.com

Archived