Fri 3rd May: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/24 at 19:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

Wire to start off confidently but then realise that Hull FC are no mugs and the home team will get battered.

Wire 10 Hull FC 42.

• Haha 1
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I expect Warrington to win, but I was pleased with how we looked markedly more organised in defence last week, and Trueman is back and Briscoe will make his second debut.

I think we will make this a lot tougher for them than a lot of people are expecting. Warrington by 10.

Posted (edited)

Without Wrench Warrington have a serious lack of pace in the centres. This should be number 1 priority for next season. Still should win tonight though(although the wingers won't see much ball!🤣). Wire by 16

Edited by Moe syszlak

We were never going to defend 5 sets (plus a 6 again or two) on our own line, but at least we had a good go at it. That's more than you can say about our performances of a few weeks ago.

FC have done well so far. Pretty resilient stuff.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I know the young players might be good prospects but they do go overboard making them out to be the best thing since Brett Kenny 

Posted (edited)

Franklin P really is a liability. 

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

It's really not easy being a Hull fan at the minute. For half an hour we've worked really hard and have done OK, without ever really looking like we had the quality to score. Then out of nowhere it's 12-0. 

Can't fault the effort, but we are a poor poor team.

Costly error from Pele, he really should have had the awareness that he'd run behind Aydin and surrendered. 

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just now, Ullman said:

Costly error from Pele, he really should have had the awareness that he'd run behind Aydin and surrendered. 

I think he is also at fault for that second try.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

5 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Partly. Houghton got beaten far too easily, but if Pele had pushed a bit harder on his inside he could have retrieved the situation. As Wilkin said it was lazy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, jacksy said:

We've been done by that a couple of times. He can't get across to the short ball to a support player. The opposition will be aware of that but we need to be too.

Edited by Ullman
  • Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Never thought id read that sentence !

I've corrected it. PELE and liability should never be put together.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ullman said:

We've been done by that a couple of times. He can't get across to the short ball to a support player. The opposition will be aware of that but we need to be to.

I wouldn't pick him.

Edited by jacksy

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ullman said:

We've been done by that a couple of times. He can't get across to the short ball to a support player. The opposition will be aware of that but we need to be too.

To be fair to Danny he's just done 38mins tackling.

FP had only been on 5mins.

Edited by jacksy

Such a disappointing start to the half. Needless penalty on the last.

If there was any doubt left about the result there isn't now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jacksy said:

To be fair to Danny he's just done 38mins tackling.

FP had only been on 5mins.

I think MZH needs to fess up to that one 😉

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

SB v RM

Not sure what to make of that. I can see both side's here.

Bumping into each other in the tunnel. Silly

Edited by jacksy