What is the procedure when teams try to get a free weekend? I know that our club requested a weekend off for one of the players' weddings and were told it's hard lines for the second year running, but one of our close neighbours put a similar request in for the wedding of a supporter and got the weekend off.

Very disappointing really. One game can make a huge difference to the look of the table at the end of the season.

What is the procedure when teams try to get a free weekend? I know that our club requested a weekend off for one of the players' weddings and were told it's hard lines for the second year running, but one of our close neighbours put a similar request in for the wedding of a supporter and got the weekend off.

Very disappointing really. One game can make a huge difference to the look of the table at the end of the season.

The NCL say ahead of the requests that they don't give you free weekends. They're quite clear on this and have stated it every year. They will however give you a local fixture which you can move to midweek. If somebody has got a free weekend it'll be down to mutual consent with the opposition. I've always found most clubs accommodating when given enough notice

Archived