Wolfpack Youth/Community Teams

ojx

This may well be in their longer term plans, but it would be great if the Wolfpack could organise some youth teams to play in a house league of some kind. Also, how about some touch or masters comps to get the fanbase involved.

What else should they be looking at?

• 4 weeks later...

I was curious about this myself.  I played in high school in the late 70's in grades 9 and 10 but when I switched schools for gr 11 the new school and board did not even have the sport. 

I know there is a whole rugby association in TO with the Nomads, and they have mens, womens, and U12-U19 teams.  But there seems to be absolutely no mixing between they and the WolfPack. The Nomads are playing traditional of course but I wonder what gives?

If you read comments from some of the British folk on the board, they seem to think there is no rugby base at all in Canada when in fact there are thousands playing.  But of course the major Canadian sports inevitably draw almost all the talent away by the time players hit university.

It would be great if we could get some feedback from either the WolfPack or Nomads/Ontario Rugby Union.

We did see the WP with junior players on the field at some of the TO games so something is happening but I wonder what.....

Archived