Watching SL on SportsNet in Toronto

ojx

SportsNet World used have a brilliant online service where I could watch any of the rugby and soccer games they had rights to. They recently discontinued this service and put only some of the content on the  SportsNet Now site. However, this only seems to allow you to watch what is on their scheduled cable channels. This sucks, particularly for watching rugby games as soccer seems to take priority.

Am I missing something, is there a better way?

I have tried to find services to watch NRL and Super League content live, and on demand replays, from Canada; but have yet to find anything.  This includes considering the Sportsnet Now, and previously the Sportsnet World, subscription.

RugbyPass might work, with a subscription to a VPN with servers both in a locale they serve and with sufficient throughput/response time to stream; but this is almost certainly a violation of their terms of service.

Sadly, until something legit comes along, it feels like we're stuck with whatever some user decides to stick on YouTube, Reddit etc.

Archived