Junior Sport in Canada

deluded pom?

No this isn’t a stick to beat TWP with. Serious question though. When I ask about junior development in the US one of the reasons for it being very limited is the high cost of insurance for kids playing sport. The question is do the same high insurance costs apply in Canada too?

rldfsignature.jpg

2 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

No this isn’t a stick to beat TWP with. Serious question though. When I ask about junior development in the US one of the reasons for it being very limited is the high cost of insurance for kids playing sport. The question is do the same high insurance costs apply in Canada too?

Yes....heading out now.  If the game is played by school athletic associations the school and associations cover the costs...the sport must be approved by the association and go through a very rigorous approval process....Union sort of has a lock up on it (for reasons I won't go into here) but it could be done but would require a 5 year long term plan from inception to final approval and someone to make it happen (I was heavily involved we did it with Girls Rugby and got the final approval)....Adios....off to the game!

Archived