Dewsbury Rams

The Lad

I thought we played well in bad conditions in the first half, matched them set for set and looked the better side. But the second half we were off the pace, we didn't have a lot of shape and some of our decision making was poor.

I am not a fan of calling out the ref after a loss but i will make an exception today, he had an absolute shocker allowing Dewsbury all the time they needed to lie on and never saw any of the forward passes, high tackles or afters that they did. Not to mention disallowing four of our tries one for a forwad pass, one offside and two for reasons I don't know and If you look on Hornets Twitter there is an intervew with Matt and it shows one of the tries disallowed was on side. Letting two of theirs stand, one of which was forward and one looked verry much the same.

Oh dear. No doubt you are where you are simply due to poor refereeing throughout the season. You did look OK in the first half but were woeful in the second. No real attacking shape despite one or two decent individual performances and very leaky defence indeed. We were not at our attacking best or we would have put many more points past you, just as we saw with your taem at our place earlier in the season.

Whoever coaches this team next year has got a really tough job ahead of them but I wish you all the best; I have always enjoyed playing against Rochdale mixing with your friendly fans and visiting your ground.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Oh dear. No doubt you are where you are simply due to poor refereeing throughout the season. You did look OK in the first half but were woeful in the second. No real attacking shape despite one or two decent individual performances and very leaky defence indeed. We were not at our attacking best or we would have put many more points past you, just as we saw with your taem at our place earlier in the season.

Whoever coaches this team next year has got a really tough job ahead of them but I wish you all the best; I have always enjoyed playing against Rochdale mixing with your friendly fans and visiting your ground.

When did I say it was all about the ref? if you read what I have put on other posts you will know that i am critical of Hornets this season and I think we should go down and deserve to. We are horrible in attack and while we have had patches of good defence this season it has been lacking in most games.

I for one am not a fan of calling out the ref like I said in the post, but poor displayes on the field need to be called out whether it is players or officials, and some of that officiating on sunday was terrible. Saying the ref had a bad game is in no way trying to detract from our own shortcomings and for you to jump to that conclusion tells me that many of the Desubry faithful are in fact  guilty of that.

1 hour ago, The Lad said:

When did I say it was all about the ref? if you read what I have put on other posts you will know that i am critical of Hornets this season and I think we should go down and deserve to. We are horrible in attack and while we have had patches of good defence this season it has been lacking in most games.

I for one am not a fan of calling out the ref like I said in the post, but poor displayes on the field need to be called out whether it is players or officials, and some of that officiating on sunday was terrible. Saying the ref had a bad game is in no way trying to detract from our own shortcomings and for you to jump to that conclusion tells me that many of the Desubry faithful are in fact  guilty of that.

Well, accusing me of misinterpreting your comments then following that by saying that all other Dewsbury fans think as I do is a tad inconsistent, don't you think?

Like you I am generally supportive of all referees, knowing that they have a very difficult job to do and, when watching subsequent playbacks, seeing that they were mostly correct and I was often wrong. I thought that the referees and touchjudges did a fair job on Sunday, especially considering the conditions. As you say, however, you never claimed that they were the cause of your team's defeat, so fair enough.

Good luck for the rest of the season and, in particuar, next Sunday - I hope that you run in a shed-full.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived