moorside roughyed

Swinton lion's

The fans have got their own way.  And will probably have no club at all to support.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

56 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

The fans have got their own way.  And will probably have no club at all to support.  

Why will they have no club? Why can they not survive? Was you actually in agreement that they should change to Manchester lions? I can't believe any RL fan respecting the history of the clubs in our game would support that ???

Edited by thecrab
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, thecrab said:

Why will they have no club? Why can they not survive? Was you actually in agreement that they should change to Manchester lions? I can't believe any RL fan respecting the history of the clubs in our game would support that ???

They haven't played in Swinton for 25 years.  They are unlikely to ever go back.  The fans can gather together and put the £1000's in needed and in 2 or 3 years they will all be infighting (see Rochdale, or a host of others).  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

9 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

They haven't played in Swinton for 25 years.  They are unlikely to ever go back.  The fans can gather together and put the £1000's in needed and in 2 or 3 years they will all be infighting (see Rochdale, or a host of others).  

And they survived for those 25 years!!  How do you know they're never going to get back close to Swinton? 

The board of directors have been there 2 years that's all and all of a sudden the club cant continue unless it changes its name.  If a manchester club is going to be a success then go start one up, crack on and fingers crossed it will work.

But dont try use fear tactics to shortcut a manchester team in to the league at the expense of an original RL member.

How dare this 2 year old board even suggest it.  Some of those Swinton fans have followed the club through good and bad thick and thin longer than some of them board members have lived.

• Like 3