Sign in to follow this  
R L Winger

MotoGP 2020.....Who will be the 2020 MotoGP World Champion?

Who Will Be The 2020 MotoGP World Champion?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Be The 2020 MotoGP World Champion?

• Andrea Dovizioso Team: Ducati Team
    • Danilo Petrucci Team: Ducati Team
    • Marc Marquez Team: Repsol Honda Team
    • Alex Marquez Team: Repsol Honda Team
    • Maverick Viñales Team: Yamaha Factory Racing
    • Valentino Rossi Team: Yamaha Factory Racing
    • Pol Espargaro Team: Red Bull KTM Factory Racing
    • Brad Binder Team: Red Bull KTM Factory Racing
    • Alex Rins Team: Team Suzuki MotoGP
    • Joan Mir Team: Team Suzuki MotoGP
    • Bradley Smith Team: Aprilia Racing Team
    • Aleix Espargaro Team: Aprilia Racing Team
    • Jack Miller Team: Pramac Racing
    • Francesco Bagnaia Team: Pramac Racing
    • Fabio Quartararo Team: SIC Racing Team
    • Franco Morbidelli Team: SIC Racing Team
    • Johann Zarco Team: Avintia Racing
    • Tito Rabat Team: Avintia Racing
    • Takaaki Nakagami Team: Team LCR

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 31/10/20 at 15:28

Who will be the 2020 MotoGP World Champion?

I could not fit these last 3 Riders in the poll, if you think either of these 3 below will be World Champion, post their names.

Andrea Iannone Team: Aprilia Racing Team (Suspended for failing a drug test)

Miguel Oliveira Team: Tech 3

Iker Lecuona Team:  Tech 3

VOTE IN THE POLL & POST THE RIDER IN THE THREAD.

Edited by R L Winger

St George Illawarra Dragons 2020 1.jpg

Fabio Quartararo Team: SIC Racing Team

I think Joan Mir is still improving, the bike's handling makes up a bit for the lack of top-end speed and... I'd like to see Suzuki win a title.

There's still a handful of riders who are close enough on points to win this, though.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

18 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I think Joan Mir is still improving, the bike's handling makes up a bit for the lack of top-end speed and... I'd like to see Suzuki win a title.

There's still a handful of riders who are close enough on points to win this, though.

A long time between drinks, since Suzuki won the world title back in 2000, with Kenny Roberts Jr riding a 500cc two stroke Suzuki. The greatest Suzuki rider, was the late great Barry Sheene who also won the world title two years in a row 1976 & 1977 also on a two stroke 500cc Suzuki

Aussie Jack Miller needs to hurry up and get his race tyre issues sorted out and string a few 1st places on the podium together and he could also be a chance to take the 2020 title.

It seems to be a case of who's trying not to win the championship! I've gone for Mir as he seems to be running into form at the right time but needs a couple of wins to make it stick, on consistency it would be foolish to overlook Morbidelli who's turning out to be the best of the Yamaha  riders and not blowing hot and cold like Maverick and Fabio.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

It seems to be a case of who's trying not to win the championship! I've gone for Mir as he seems to be running into form at the right time but needs a couple of wins to make it stick, on consistency it would be foolish to overlook Morbidelli who's turning out to be the best of the Yamaha  riders and not blowing hot and cold like Maverick and Fabio.

Morbidelli and Quatararo both seem to have the occasional major error in them. Vinales has had all sorts of ups and downs recently. Dovi's got the experience and the race-brain, certainly, but I just have a feeling he won't win.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

The French Grand Prix

Jack Miller 2nd on the grid in MotoGP

Remy Gardner 3rd on the grid in Moto2

Josh Hook 4th on the grid in MotoE

GO THE AUSSIES

The MotoGP race is about to begin, and it has just started raining! Red flag out, so time for speedy tyre choices and changes.

It is announced as an official wet race, so we may see riders changing bikes if conditions change partway through.

The top two riders in the championship table have never raced a MotoGP bike in the wet. Seriously, anything could happen.

Rossi crashes in turn 3 of the first lap, while three Ducatis fill the podium places so far. Vinales lapping well off the pace in 19th, while Mir was inconvenienced by Rossi's accident but isn't putting in great times either. Quarteraro started well, but is falling back.

Bradley Smith is up to 7th, just behind Crutchlow. The weather can be a leveller.

Crazy race - overachievers, underachievers, fallers, engine failures, the lot.

27 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Crazy race - overachievers, underachievers, fallers, engine failures, the lot.

#9 PETERUX😁 even stopped for a shave halfway round!

Looking like a British one-two in the Moto2 race. The first time in 45 years.

Edited by Futtocks

...and just after I typed that, Dixon crashes while leading. 😞 

Edited by Futtocks

The Doctor out of both Aragon Moto GP weekends after testing positive for Covoid-19, Yamaha had to stand down the project leader and 6 mechanics at LeMans last week for Covoid reasons.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

The Doctor out of both Aragon Moto GP weekends after testing positive for Covoid-19, Yamaha had to stand down the project leader and 6 mechanics at LeMans last week for Covoid reasons.

After what happened in his last three races, Vale could be forgiven for sitting out the remainder of the season and concentrating on his new team for 2021 instead.

On 16/10/2020 at 06:42, Futtocks said:

After what happened in his last three races, Vale could be forgiven for sitting out the remainder of the season and concentrating on his new team for 2021 instead.

Valentino Rossi should retire, I think his days of winning another World Championship is long gone. Rossi just has to except he will never equal Italian legend Giacomo Agostini in Premier Class World Championships.

Edited by R L Winger

Fabio Quartararo on poll for today's MotoGP at Aragon, Go Aussie Jack Miller 5th on the grid.

Also hoping Remy Gardner in Moto2 gets a win, from 10th on the grid.

1 hour ago, R L Winger said:

Valentino Rossi should retire, I think his days of winning another World Championship is long gone. Rossi just has to except he will never equal Italian legend Giacomo Agostini in Premier Class World Championships.

The way things are right now, it'll be very hard for him to win another race, let alone a championship. But let's see how he goes with his new team in 2021.

Rins wins, with Marquez and Mir on the podium in that order. Fabio Quartararo doesn't score even a single point in 19th. Mir now tops the MotoGP championship leaderboard.

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The way things are right now, it'll be very hard for him to win another race, let alone a championship. But let's see how he goes with his new team in 2021.

I agree, when he fell off whilst in the lead last year I said that was his chance of winning a race again gone. He's competitive for the top six at best and I don't think a new team next year will improve that, for all that he says differently I think he knows his position himself but I suspect that Dorna know that without him racing their audience and market will sink significantly so are contributing to keeping him on track financially and with promise's about future spots for the VR46 team. For all his victories Marquez hasn't the image or pulling power of Rossi.