Bob Fulton has died

127365380a96507357453868ac7bb9a6

Rugby league legend Bob Fulton has died on Sunday morning after a long battle with cancer.

Fox League’s James Hooper paid tribute to the legendary player and coach, declaring “there would be no Manly Sea Eagles” without him.

“He was the Australian coach, an Immortal of the game, there wasn’t anything Bozo didn’t achieve in terms of his rugby league career and will be celebrated as one of the most influential people to have played and also coached the game” he said.

“There would be no Manly Sea Eagles, as strong as they are today, without Bob Fulton.”

965.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=format

Hannah Hollis and the panel paid tribute to Fulton on Fox League.

“The rugby league community is well and truly in mourning today after rugby league Immortal and Manly legend Bob Fulton has died after a long battle with cancer,” Hollis said on Fox League.

“He passed away this morning surrounded by close friends and family. He was 73 years of age.

“He coached more than 400 games. He played 263 games. He is Hall of Famer No.74 and he was a member of the Team of the Century in 2008.

“He won three grand finals and he captained one of them. He will live on in the hearts and minds of rugby league fans right around the country and the world.”

Rest in peace Bob

A very sad day for the game of Rugby League. I knew him when I was a kid back in the late 1960's Bob Fulton lived around the corner from me in Sydney's northern beaches suburb of Harbord (now known as Freshwater) these days. He was the greatest player to ever play for the Sea Eagles by far, It was a total stroke of luck for Manly that Bob's 1st grade debut was with the Sea Eagles in the first place. In the pre season of 1966 Bob had been trialling with the then defending premiers St George Dragons on a Friday afternoon he was told to turn up at the Dragons Secretary Frank Facers office on the Monday morning and sign a contract with the Dragons to play for them.....But on the Saturday morning Sea Eagles Secretary Ken Arthurson slipped in and convinced Fulton to sign with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles. It turned out Fulton was the biggest Signing of Arthurson's career and the biggest miss signing of Facers career. I watched him play many a game at Brookvale oval along with some other Manly Greats I'd met Freddy Jones and Bob Batty. I was always a Dragons supporter but Fulton was always up at the top along with Langlands, Gasnier and Raper as my favorite players even still to this day.

Never a better Centre or Five Eight in my book to pull on the Green and Gold jersey of Australia than Bob Fulton.

Bob Fulton played hard and took the game to a higher level of professionalism and will be an Immortal of the Game of Rugby League till the end of time.

R. I. P. Bob Fulton

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg

Archived