fevnut’s musings 2021/#24:  Strength in depth, James Harrison – Time traveller and Alex Walker

fevnut

Greetings to our friends in Oldham

Every week fevnut writes a blog that includes his ‘musings’ column.

Although it is primarily about Fev (obviously) fans of our opposition teams have enjoyed taking a look.

This week we write about the strength in depth of our squad, an intriguing piece of (almost certainly) misinformation about James Harrison and how fears raised about Alex Walker are unfounded. We also record some further milestones achieved last week.

Access the article by using the link below and then by using the links on the right hand side of the page you can find all sorts of information pertinent to the match coming up on Saturday, including pages about the current Oldham squad and players who have played for both clubs and another about the history of matches between Oldham and Fev.

Looking forward to seeing some of you on Sunday.

https://fevblog452.blogspot.com/2021/08/fevnuts-musings-24-strength-in-depth.html

1 hour ago, fevnut said:

Greetings to our friends in Oldham

Every week fevnut writes a blog that includes his ‘musings’ column.

Although it is primarily about Fev (obviously) fans of our opposition teams have enjoyed taking a look.

This week we write about the strength in depth of our squad, an intriguing piece of (almost certainly) misinformation about James Harrison and how fears raised about Alex Walker are unfounded. We also record some further milestones achieved last week.

Access the article by using the link below and then by using the links on the right hand side of the page you can find all sorts of information pertinent to the match coming up on Saturday, including pages about the current Oldham squad and players who have played for both clubs and another about the history of matches between Oldham and Fev.

Looking forward to seeing some of you on Sunday.

https://fevblog452.blogspot.com/2021/08/fevnuts-musings-24-strength-in-depth.html

Welcome to the Roughyeds’ page, Fevnut. I have to admit to be slightly (I.e. insanely) jealous of the depth of your squad and the loan players who can’t be recalled at a moment’s notice. We’ve been decimated by injuries, loan  recalls, short term loans that have lasted 1 match due to suspension and in one case 39 minutes,, plus players leaving as shift patterns don’t enable them to play. Yet in a season that plummeted downhill and stayed there. after a short but brightish start, we’re now playing like a team and whilst not in a position to compete with the big boys we seem to have developed the heart to give them a fight. Hope you have an enjoyable day on Sunday- and you come almost close to beating us. (Actually, I hope and dream that we thrash you by thirty, but I won’t put money on that just yet.) Safe journey on Sunday. 

19 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Welcome to the Roughyeds’ page, Fevnut. I have to admit to be slightly (I.e. insanely) jealous of the depth of your squad and the loan players who can’t be recalled at a moment’s notice. We’ve been decimated by injuries, loan  recalls, short term loans that have lasted 1 match due to suspension and in one case 39 minutes,, plus players leaving as shift patterns don’t enable them to play. Yet in a season that plummeted downhill and stayed there. after a short but brightish start, we’re now playing like a team and whilst not in a position to compete with the big boys we seem to have developed the heart to give them a fight. Hope you have an enjoyable day on Sunday- and you come almost close to beating us. (Actually, I hope and dream that we thrash you by thirty, but I won’t put money on that just yet.) Safe journey on Sunday. 

To be fair of the players Fev have had on loan I think only Walker has had a no-recall clause, he's out of contract at Wakefield and I presume they just wanted him off the wage bill as he hasn't been near their first team lately. In fact he came to the club after Will Dagger, also a full back, was recalled from his loan at Fev by Hull KR. Very few teams are willing to allow no-recall clauses in these Covid times, though that might change with the season end in sight.

As for injuries...we hear you, Brad Day, Jack Bussey, James Harrison, Junior Moors and maybe Craig Kopczak will all be missing from our pack on Sunday along with Thomas Minns, the difference as you rightly point out is that we do have a deep squad this year.

Archived