Broncos at home

Phil W

Firstly thought the match experience was a lot better than last season, the club has obviously put a lot of effort into this. Hopefully the junior Thunder thing can grow.

Now onto the rugby. For the first twenty of each half thought we battled well but our error count really hurt us. We have to be better in the red zone. London's physicality then really hurt us unfortunately and they were good value for their win. 

Matchday experience has improved, a bit of disappointment in the South stand that Thunderbolt didn't come down and wave there were quite a few young kids in the South stand.

We are missing in the physicality department, the 2 PNG lads really dominated.

And we will not mention that last try...."After you sir"

20 hours ago, thunder pete said:

Apparently, (I wasn't there) the Reserves were great value for their win, with standout performances from Rhys Clarke and Alex Donaghy.

Jake Lighthowler for me, his first match in 18 months? Although he doesn't have the physical size yet, he showed a lot of what is missing in some of the first team forwards. Hopefully not long before we see him challenging for a starting position. Alex D always bosses the reserves and Uni sides, just needs to take that confidence into the first team when he gets his next opportunity, which I believe is not far away.

• Like 1