Miski: Really proud

Warriors News

• Abbas Miski reflected on scoring a hat-trick in Wigan Warriors’ victory over Catalans Dragons.
  • Miski: “We have just spoken then as a team about how proud we are of the whole performance.”
  • Watch the full match reaction from Abbas Miski on Wigan TV HERE.

Abbas Miski reflected on scoring a hat-trick in Wigan Warriors’ 34-0 victory over league leaders Catalans Dragons at the Stade Gilbert Brutus.

Miski completed his hat-trick at the start of the second half, and speaking on the win, he said: “We are really pleased with the performance as this is a tough place to come against Catalans who are top of the table. We have just spoken then as a team about how proud we are of the whole performance.”

Speaking on the preparation ahead of the trip, Miski said: “It’s hard, but we’ve done this all before. Everything was planned out really well by the club and it’s a great way to spend some extra time with the rest of the boys.”

The Lebanese international has now scored 20 Super League tries this season – the third highest in the competition – and on his hat-trick in Perpignan, Miski said: “They came off the back of some really good field pressure from the team, and then Harry, Bevan and Jai executed their plays really well which is exactly what we wanted to do.”

Is that the game for @WiganWarriorsRL? 👀#SuperLeague #SLCatWig pic.twitter.com/1vi3HYSZGQ

— Betfred Super League (@SuperLeague) August 26, 2023

On the travelling support, Miski said: “I was really surprised as I didn’t think there would be that many Wigan fans. It’s supposed to be a hostile place here with a lot of French fans, however, the Wigan fans being here in those numbers really did help.”

Miski has scored 29 tries in 28 appearances for the Warriors, and reflecting on how far he has come, the winger said: “I’ve always had belief I would get to this point. It isn’t given though so I need to keep working hard in training and playing well.”

Looking ahead to the final four matches of the regular season, Miski said: “This is a really important time of the year which is something we have spoken a lot about. Ideally we want to finish top of the table, but being in the top two would be really good – we just have to take each week as it comes.”

Full match reaction from Matt Peet and Harry Smith is available to watch on Wigan TV HERE.

The post Miski: Really proud appeared first on Wigan Warriors Blog.

View the full article