2026 Women's World Cup European Qualifiers Draw

Group A will feature Wales as the top seed and winners of Euro B North in 2022; Ireland; and either Italy/Netherlands - who will meet in a preliminary qualifying match in April.

Group B is made up of France as top seed; Greece who claimed Euro B South in 2022; and Serbia.

https://europeanrugbyleague.com/articles/2375/celtic-nations-to-face-each-other-in-wc-...

Edited by Futtocks
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Futtocks changed the title to 2026 Women's World Cup European Qualifiers Draw

5 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Straightforward qualification for the French.

Might as well append the gloomy proviso that this assumes they will have the means to travel. They didn't go in 2017.

Fun fact - AFAIK the only time the French women have played down under was the 2008 WC. Beat Tonga in the 7th place play-off having previously lost all their other games, including one against Russia.

• 2 weeks later...