Batley Challenge cup

21 hours ago, distantdog said:

Hard to say as I think there was a significant number watching from inside (main lounge and hospitality boxes). If I had to speculate, probably around 750.

How do you keep a top end championship running on gates that low? I realise there's less interest playing a lower division club, but as its a split gate the club must be losing big time.

Is there a cash only gate that's not recorded on a turnstile like they have at our dodgy jameating neighbours Whitehaven to minimise the official attendance and maximise their income?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

On 11/02/2024 at 20:01, distantdog said:

Hard to say as I think there was a significant number watching from inside (main lounge and hospitality boxes). If I had to speculate, probably around 750.

If there was 750 there they must have hidden them well, the terraces & main stand looked deserted!

• Like 1