Fri 19th Apr: SL: Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers KO 20:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/04/24 at 19:30

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Change of kicker confirmed going forward for Wigan. I think most Wigan fans would agree with this, Smith just doesn't have the consistency:

Good call. Smith will be a good second choice if required and maybe not being first choice goal kicker might free him from some pressure.

The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

On 20/04/2024 at 09:59, Exiled Wiganer said:

The score in the Cup was an outlier - Cas had beaten Salford (who have beaten Saints and nearly beat Wigan) the previous week. Only the Giants had given them a hammering in the league. It showed a few things for us: pluses include - our pack strength is immense and we will benefit from playing at home a lot in the second half of the season. Negatives for me were Leeming’s passing and Hampshire’s inability to read the game. I am not sure why we don’t go all in on Farrimond as the back up half back - he has real vision. 

Cas certainly defended well on Friday night. We were all over them for pretty much all of the game and their first half defence was outstanding. They definitely tired in the second half but that's understandable.

Our pack is looking in good form. Ellis and Thompson have been our best middles to start the year but with them being given reduced minutes Dupree and Mago have shown they can step up too. When you consider our best prop over the last few years has been Havard and he's still to return it's looking good for us at present.

Nsemba was outstanding which is good to see in Isa's absence and with Walters still missing, though I'm a little concerned he will pick up a ban for the tackle that injured Tasipale. That's really going to test us for depth in the back row.