Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

help to get the game on

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 IanFalkiner

IanFalkiner
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

Robin, If anyone has been walking on the pitch you may as well forget it now. I was 1 of the volunteers who tried (and failed last year). We were told by a RL official by walking on the snow it compacted it, freezing the ground, so in that instance by the players walking accross a snow covered pitch to the gym made the pitch unplayable. It will be a mammoth task to remove 6-8 inches of snow without mechanical means. However the first obstacle would be the car park and terracing due to Health and Safety requirements.

#22 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:15 PM

leave the snow on and just clear lines, thats what Dewsbury did on Boxing Day

#23 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Gary Coyle @ Jan 8 2010, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
leave the snow on and just clear lines, thats what Dewsbury did on Boxing Day

And what an entertaining game it was.

#24 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Jan 8 2010, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And what an entertaining game it was.

Here ya go Phil

#25 Mark Ashton

Mark Ashton
  • Coach
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:19 AM

http://www.pontefrac...oned.5948294.jp

Its not to be.

#26 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (IanFalkiner @ Jan 8 2010, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Robin, If anyone has been walking on the pitch you may as well forget it now. I was 1 of the volunteers who tried (and failed last year). We were told by a RL official by walking on the snow it compacted it, freezing the ground, so in that instance by the players walking accross a snow covered pitch to the gym made the pitch unplayable. It will be a mammoth task to remove 6-8 inches of snow without mechanical means. However the first obstacle would be the car park and terracing due to Health and Safety requirements.

Aye, it was a lot of hard work but all to no avail. The terracing was in same condition as of now and after clearing large areas, were told we had no chance. Ah well, we did our bit.

#27 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Bob Crowther @ Jan 9 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aye, it was a lot of hard work but all to no avail. The terracing was in same condition as of now and after clearing large areas, were told we had no chance. Ah well, we did our bit.

I was there too Bob. Same result this time I understand match is off after ground inspection

#28 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Mark Ashton @ Jan 9 2010, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry Mark- duplicating your news. As I told you before the old computer keeps switching itself off and I couldn't download you article. Rob let me know this morning but until I was up and running I couldn't let anybody know. See you Col.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users