Rugby League Live

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:39 AM

iv looked every where for this game in england game shops and cant find any that have it to pre order any ideas?
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#42 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (jackknife @ Aug 24 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
iv looked every where for this game in england game shops and cant find any that have it to pre order any ideas?

Official website for the EU distributer: http://www.alternati...uk/mainset2.htm

£50 on there, but will also be available from Game, Gamestation and selected online retailers

To be released over here on 02/11
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, K√łbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#43 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:19 AM

Mods, can this thread be merged with http://www.totalrl.c...c...809&hl=live, please

EDIT: Used the "Report" button to bring this to the mods' attention, and clicked submit before i noticed the text to the side. Won't happend again

Edited by brooza, 24 August 2010 - 11:20 AM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, K√łbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#44 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (brooza @ Aug 24 2010, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Official website for the EU distributer: http://www.alternati...uk/mainset2.htm

£50 on there, but will also be available from Game, Gamestation and selected online retailers

To be released over here on 02/11

nothing on game or gamestation website and when i visited game shop the bloke behind counter had never heard of it and couldnt tell me when they where getting it or if they where getting it at all
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA

#45 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,762 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (brooza @ Aug 24 2010, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mods, can this thread be merged with http://www.totalrl.c...c...809&hl=live, please

EDIT: Used the "Report" button to bring this to the mods' attention, and clicked submit before i noticed the text to the side. Won't happend again

No worries, it's a fairly common use of "report" and we don't mind too much! Issues that require moderation are often best reported using the "report" function. It's only when people use it for general communication that we don't like it as it.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#46 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (ckn @ Aug 24 2010, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No worries, it's a fairly common use of "report" and we don't mind too much! Issues that require moderation are often best reported using the "report" function. It's only when people use it for general communication that we don't like it as it.

So we can't use it if we just fancy a chat?

#47 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,762 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (brooza @ Aug 24 2010, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So we can't use it if we just fancy a chat?

We'd rather you didn't, thank you tongue.gif

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#48 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (jackknife @ Aug 24 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nothing on game or gamestation website and when i visited game shop the bloke behind counter had never heard of it and couldnt tell me when they where getting it or if they where getting it at all

Release date has only just been announced, there are some stores taking preorders

Grainger Games in Hull
Game in Wakefield
Game in St Helens
Game in Leeds

#49 The Best The Beautiful The Only

The Best The Beautiful The Only
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:26 AM

Dont waste your moneies on a game that is better suited to sega megadrive or PLAYSTATION 1.

#50 donny donny

donny donny
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

Some gameplay videos now on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUeallXQfh0

#51 donny donny

donny donny
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:40 PM

Got Rugby League Live through the post this morning (Import).

First few games were really frustrating. Then I put it onto side view.

The buttons feel more responsive on this view (In the other view the button to change to the nearest defender is really unresponsive), and I'm really enjoying it. You can see all along the line so it's easier to pick out who to pass to. I haven't learnt how to fend, dummy or step but it doesn't matter. You have to find gaps and make hard yards. I'm winning mostly on easy difficulty now so I'm going to knock it up to medium, which seems really hard.

It plays a lot like RL (unlike the sidhe games). You can't just side step your way to a try every play, you have to run at angles into gaps to get through. Then you have to get passed the fullback who always seems to be there when you get a break. Player movement and animations are spot on.

Sure there should be a franchise mode etc but the gameplay is really good and that's what matters.

#52 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:51 PM

TBH, from the game play, it looks more like Rugby Challenge for its passing than Sidhe's attempt at the games, I'll want to play the game before I make a decision to but it I think ill be sticking with RL3.

Cummins Out.

#53 donny donny

donny donny
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:02 PM

Don't get me wrong the game has some major flaws but I'd say it's a lot better than RL3.

#54 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (donny donny @ Sep 3 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't get me wrong the game has some major flaws but I'd say it's a lot better than RL3.

Ill have to have a bash at it when I get chance

Cummins Out.

#55 donny donny

donny donny
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Sep 3 2010, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ill have to have a bash at it when I get chance

I would honestly recommend it but don't just play 3 matches, think "This is garbage," and stop playing. There is a steep learning curve but when you have got to grips with it, the basic gameplay of rugby league has been nailed. That isn't just me wishing it to be good because I'm a RL fan, my housemate who isn't into RL is enjoying it too. I can't reiterate enough though that side view is the view to use.

#56 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

i also got this game and really regret paying for it to be imported, i played online an when i tackled there player near there line the game skipped and he ended up putting the ball down under my posts. this sort of thing has happened every time iv played online! i really wanted this game to be good and have played it loads against computer and against friends but it really isnt what everyone is expecting sad.gif
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users