Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

National Stadium for Rugby League

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 RP London

RP London
  • Coach
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (FlattenedbyWard @ Aug 25 2010, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RU makes money as everything that comes through its turnstiles at Twickers/ Cardiff/ Murrayfield etc. goes straight into their pocket and as such- no renting of grounds/ etc.

Any way to make the reality of a National RL ground/ HQ should be explored as the Long Term benefits are wholly in the best interests of the entire game from juniors upwards!

If you own the bricks and mortar yes that does work, if you are getting a reduced rent etc then no that doesnt work like that as you are the ones paying in (granted a reduced amount) unto the pockets of Leeds United Football Club etc.. the RFU owns Twickenham, WRU Cardiff and SRU Murrayfield if memory serves..

#42 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (thirteenthman @ Aug 25 2010, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem is the RFL has little say in the scheduling of CC rounds past Round 4 because of the BBC. If they're showing football, golf, tennis, F1 or whatever, then the RL will just have to wait.

The double header idea for the cup is a good one though, much better than the Magic weekend in fact. 2 games on the one day is do-able. 3 or 4 is just overkill.

Ah! I didn't realise that about the Challenge Cup rounds. But if it's possible I think it would be good have the quarter-finals as double-headers.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users