STEVE P
Coach-
Posts
314 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Recent Profile Visitors
3,184 profile views
STEVE P's Achievements
410
Reputation
-
New look for Dewsbury Rams’ home as work continues
STEVE P replied to Total Rugby League's topic in Dewsbury Rams
Presumably the name of the ground will change. In order to combine tradition with the current perspective of the Giants supporters perhaps Very Fartown would be appropriate. -
New look for Dewsbury Rams’ home as work continues
STEVE P replied to Total Rugby League's topic in Dewsbury Rams
Whilst the deal, as it has been put to us, looks like a very advantageous arrangement for the Rams, I worry that we have now run out of any form of future financial wriggle room. The land at the old Crown Flatt was sold in a way that failed to maximise the benefit to the club. We were left with the lease on the old Shaw Cross Pit site. A lease in itself would show as a debit on a balance sheet, being a formal commitment to pay rent over an extended period, but such were the terms of the lease that the goodwill element far outweighs the liability of the lease agreement. Now that goodwill has also been sold to Huddersfield it is hard to see what assets, tangible or otherwise, remain. Even with such a good deal negotiated with the new owners the club still needs to balance income with outgoings and unless more people come through the turnstiles this will be a hard balance to achieve. I don't want to sound negative and I, like many others am looking forward to seeing a much more competitive side turning out next year. Winners put bums on seats, and this has to be the way forward. -
No, born out of pure ignorance.
-
My grandson told me this evening that a bag of spice doesn't necessarily mean a bag of sweeties these days. Oops!
-
Should buy you a bag of spice when you collect BSJ.
-
Quite right. We were almost enjoying ourselves then, and it's got to stop.
-
Yes, you can mess about as much as you want and call it a match day experience, but ultimately people want to see their team win. There's nothing that attracts support better than success on the field.
-
Doncaster?
-
That's him, master tactician. Where he goes others follow.
-
They haven't hung about since Sunday then.
-
Dewsbury Rams want retiring Paul Sykes to stay on board
STEVE P replied to Total Rugby League's topic in Dewsbury Rams
It would surprise me. I thought that I had good reason to believe there is no love lost there. If Paul Sykes has the aptitude for coaching there is a massive amount he could impart to the type of young upcoming players we hope we may be seeing under the new arrangements. I start with 'if' because not all players who are as brilliant as Paul Sykes can become successful coaches. It's a bit like trying to teach somebody how to breathe. If a thing comes naturally it can be hard to explain how it works to somebody else. Motivation Coach. Now that's a job I would love to see Sykesy doing. He couldn't fail to excel at that.- 1 reply
-
- 3
-
-
Dewsbury Rams reset as Paul March targets steelier approach
STEVE P replied to Total Rugby League's topic in Dewsbury Rams
We'll see who wants to come and play for him next year. That is always a good indication of how a coach is rated in the game. Come on Mr March. Surprise us all. I would be so happy for you to prove how wrong I am about you. It would mean I'm not pee ing 20 quid against the wall every I can get to a match. -
Yippee. His choice of Coaches Player of the Season says it all.
-
Dewsbury Rams moving on after losing McShanes
STEVE P replied to Total Rugby League's topic in Dewsbury Rams
I think that if you knew me you would see that my standards are impeccable. My problem is that I expect the rest of the world to adopt the same principles, and it doesn't happen. I then find it upsetting when I am getting turned over by someone I feel I should be able to trust. And believe me, in some way, we, who have spent years being devoted to the club we love are being turned over. Counsel patience if you must. Tell me I am speaking without proper prior research, all of the stock BSJ arguments, but time will prove me right. One, two, three or four seasons hence we will be cast adrift without a paddle, and if I'm lucky I will still be here to tell you 'I told you so'. -
Dewsbury Rams stalwart Paul Sykes closes record career
STEVE P replied to Total Rugby League's topic in Dewsbury Rams
Thank you so much Paul for the excitement you brought to the club. You play on a level that even those around you can't always follow. For the ignorant this may reflect on you, but for me you are amongst the top 5 players I have seen in a Dewsbury shirt, and I'm an old man. The day we beat Widnes in the cup you were a super star. Thanks for the memories.
