Fev v Sheffield

Stratobill

What about if we used the same tactics and beat you, would you be happy with that?

It's part of the game thats all, no one was seriously injured, it was just unsettling tactics and most teams use it at some point, it was also a do or die playoff game!!.

I thought we lost the game ourselves today, we allowed you too many piggybacks upfield, we also failed to go for a kick under the sticks in the first half when we were 8- 12 down which proved costly in the end. Scrappy game with too much whistel from a pedantic ref.

It's part of the game thats all, no one was seriously injured, it was just unsettling tactics and most teams use it at some point, it was also a do or die playoff game!!.

I thought we lost the game ourselves today, we allowed you too many piggybacks upfield, we also failed to go for a kick under the sticks in the first half when we were 8- 12 down which proved costly in the end. Scrappy game with too much whistel from a pedantic ref.

I thought both teams were guilty of too much scrappy play, but as you say, Ronnie didn't help by being too pedantic. Liam Welham played very well for your lot, he's going to be a difficult player to keep hold of for the opposition. Our forwards went quite well, one they got going but some of the backs struggled. Roll on the next meeting. :lol:

Good analysis mart62. I think your right about Welham he runs very good lines both as receiver and dummy runner, it was his dummy run that created the try for steel. He was man of the match for me, followed by Tommy Saxton who got through a heap of work and looked dangerous.

All in all a pretty good first competitive run out for both teams, a lot of positives to take from the game for both coaches, as well as a few things to work on. Roll on the rest of the season.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

Very disappointed with the result yesterday. Ronnie wasn't to blame for us failing to win, it was the decision making on the field by our own team. Twice in the first half we had an overlap (or two) on the left side with the try line beckoning and the pass wasn't made. In the second half when we had the 6 point lead we had a couple of kickable penalties which we didn't take and should have gone for the drop goal earlier just in case we missed the first attempt.

When I got in the car I listened to a bit of the Chelsea-Arsenal game and thought we were pretty much like Arsenal yesterday. Looked good but lacked that killer finish. I know there's plenty of time but if we are to do well this season we should be finishing teams off.

Credit to Sheffield they stuck in there and never gave up.

I couldn't go because we had visitors :( But at least it sound better than the first home performance v Dewsbury last season - when we were dreadful. (they were good mind)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Our discipline especially in the second half was appalling, We gave 13 penalties away and from where i was stood they all looked justified. The annoying thing was they were all for petty little things. All the pressure we had in the second half and on several occasions we spoilt it all by giving needless penalties away. We were our own worst enemies. I still think we had enough ball near their line to have won the game. A little more composure is all that was missing.

Fair play to Aston, he has got himself another side that are going to be difficult to beat. They have plenty of grafters in the side and just enough quality to make them dangerous. He gives them a game plan and the players stick to it religiously. Think they will pick up plenty of bonus points again and a top six for them.

For us, cut out the stupid penalties, don't panic and build pressure. As Sheff proved the points will come.

Thought Kain was our MOM, good to see his kicking game improving. Morrison looks a right handful, great to see Field back. I'm still OPTIMISTIC n that's not like me.

As for the PNG's, you will probably find them in the vicinity of Laines fish n chip shop. :D

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Our discipline especially in the second half was appalling, We gave 13 penalties away and from where i was stood they all looked justified. The annoying thing was they were all for petty little things. All the pressure we had in the second half and on several occasions we spoilt it all by giving needless penalties away. We were our own worst enemies. I still think we had enough ball near their line to have won the game. A little more composure is all that was missing.

Fair play to Aston, he has got himself another side that are going to be difficult to beat. They have plenty of grafters in the side and just enough quality to make them dangerous. He gives them a game plan and the players stick to it religiously. Think they will pick up plenty of bonus points again and a top six for them.

For us, cut out the stupid penalties, don't panic and build pressure. As Sheff proved the points will come.

Thought Kain was our MOM, good to see his kicking game improving. Morrison looks a right handful, great to see Field back. I'm still OPTIMISTIC n that's not like me.

As for the PNG's, you will probably find them in the vicinity of Laines fish n chip shop. :D

nail 'ont head dave.disipline going to be a prob AGAIN.3 SUCCESIVE PENALTIES IN YOUR'E OWN 25 WITH 3 MINS LEFT TELLS ITS OWN STORY.nowt gained,tons of effort through thw window.we need to do Liegh for breathing space. :dry:

nail 'ont head dave.disipline going to be a prob AGAIN.3 SUCCESIVE PENALTIES IN YOUR'E OWN 25 WITH 3 MINS LEFT TELLS ITS OWN STORY.nowt gained,tons of effort through thw window.we need to do Liegh for breathing space. :dry:

Spot on Gaz, we need to give it to Leigh big style next week or we are out.

Spot on Gaz, we need to give it to Leigh big style next week or we are out.

how do you work that out ?

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

If we lose to Leigh i believe we would have to win our 2 remaining games by scores that i'm not sure we are capable of. Be pleased to be wrong though.

hunslet have one big win under thier belt.they'll beat oldham next sun.fax will slaughter skolars.eagles will do york.we need to win mate he's right.won't look good for the ambitions if we don't make the quarters im afraid.negative?..no..realistic?...yep