Opposition coaches

tms

First we had Calland with "we have got better players than Featherstone" then Millward chipped in with "we have better forwards than Featherstone" now McCormack has had his say.

Barrow Raiders manager Steve McCormack believes that his side can still finish top of the Championship. He told BBC Cumbria: "We're still in the mixer. Because of our successful Challenge Cup run we're still a couple of games behind everybody and will be boosted by the return to action of key players James Coyle and James Nixon."

Don't you just love em?

let them have their say

Its appears obvious all 3 coaches are obviously threatened by our posistion and team we are happily going about our business and DP is not rising to it and is keeping his and the teams feet on the ground

Then if we carry on and deliver the goods we can let mccmormack have it on the last game of season

Unlike Millward's opinion and Callands moment (well one of Calland's many moments) of daftness and stupidity, Mac's comment is bang on the money. They are 2 games behind us. Win those 2 games and that puts them only 5 points behind us with them coming to us on the last match with influential players coming back from injury the same time as we've lost the services of Jim! If I were Steve Mac I'd be optimistic too.

Millward's statement was an opinion - his opinion, which we can all disagree with and point out the evidence when their pack is dominated by ours.

Calland's comment - well, that reflects him! Daft!

Steve Mac - not the same. Barrow will still be the one's to beat!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

let them have their say

Its appears obvious all 3 coaches are obviously threatened by our posistion and team

I don't see that in Steve Mac's comment owd cock!

The problem Barrow have got, is that whoever comes back into their side, their coach is still Steve McCormack. Its a close competition between him and Cullen for most overated coach award.

did he need to come out and say things like that? when they havent got a game or anything? it just seems a rather random time to make this kind of statement

why shouldn't he?? Radio cumbria asked him for a comment and he made a factual reply. They are still in the mix and they have players returning back and finding some form. Not opinions. FAct!

I hoestly don't see an issue with his comments.

Edited by Robin Evans

did he need to come out and say things like that? when they havent got a game or anything? it just seems a rather random time to make this kind of statement

Like all coaches and this includes Jowitt more than any. They have got to TALK a job as well as do a job just to be able to keep their job

The one thıng ın our favour regards Barrow ıs there coach. He ıs a seasoned bottler never won a thıng and ıt baffles me why Barrow sacked the coach they had for the one they have now

Don't think it's random at all, just think he's doing what all coaches do, talking their team up. I wouldn't expect them to come out and say anything different. Personally i couldn't give a flying fig what they have to say, it's on the pitch that matters and at the moment we are top dogs, might continue might not, but that's how it is. We should continue to support our BOD, coach and team and let them say what they want.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

I hope that comment doesn't come back to haunt you.

Why should ıt because ıts factual. even ıf they beat us ın the grand fınal hes stıll lost loads. Any coach that allows a chaırman ınto the dressıng rooms ımmedıatly before or just after a game to lay ınto the players about a performance deserves no respect and thats what happens almost weekly at Barrow. That ınfo came from a player