Rugby League Live

Got Rugby League Live through the post this morning (Import).

First few games were really frustrating. Then I put it onto side view.

The buttons feel more responsive on this view (In the other view the button to change to the nearest defender is really unresponsive), and I'm really enjoying it. You can see all along the line so it's easier to pick out who to pass to. I haven't learnt how to fend, dummy or step but it doesn't matter. You have to find gaps and make hard yards. I'm winning mostly on easy difficulty now so I'm going to knock it up to medium, which seems really hard.

It plays a lot like RL (unlike the sidhe games). You can't just side step your way to a try every play, you have to run at angles into gaps to get through. Then you have to get passed the fullback who always seems to be there when you get a break. Player movement and animations are spot on.

Sure there should be a franchise mode etc but the gameplay is really good and that's what matters.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill have to have a bash at it when I get chance

I would honestly recommend it but don't just play 3 matches, think "This is garbage," and stop playing. There is a steep learning curve but when you have got to grips with it, the basic gameplay of rugby league has been nailed. That isn't just me wishing it to be good because I'm a RL fan, my housemate who isn't into RL is enjoying it too. I can't reiterate enough though that side view is the view to use.

i also got this game and really regret paying for it to be imported, i played online an when i tackled there player near there line the game skipped and he ended up putting the ball down under my posts. this sort of thing has happened every time iv played online! i really wanted this game to be good and have played it loads against computer and against friends but it really isnt what everyone is expecting :(

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!