TRL Helpdesk: Fibre ISPs

My local cabinet is finally getting upgraded to Fibre.  My current ISP is Zen, who seemingly only provide 38/76 mb lines with their phone package, which is of no use to me as I am tied in to a contract.

Is there a particular ISP who's Fibre service is particularly good/reliable, who you would recommend?

Ta

Zen do stand-alone fibre packages, call them up, they'll help you.  They have a few different packages based on your likely usage profile.

The problem with Zen though is that they still have usage caps.  I often found myself hitting right up to the 100GB/month limit with the stuff I do for my work and then having to pay out for more download usage.  I ended up moving back to BT, cutting my monthly bill significantly and I've not had a single problem since

The difference is though that if I have a problem that BT are utterly useless on the support side with helldesk operators in India who will only read off scripts while the Zen lot are a decent bunch of proper techies on their support lines.  I suppose you get what you pay for.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived