Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
getdownmonkeyman

TRL Helpdesk: Fibre ISPs

My local cabinet is finally getting upgraded to Fibre.  My current ISP is Zen, who seemingly only provide 38/76 mb lines with their phone package, which is of no use to me as I am tied in to a contract.

Is there a particular ISP who's Fibre service is particularly good/reliable, who you would recommend?

Ta

Edited by getdownmonkeyman

Zen do stand-alone fibre packages, call them up, they'll help you.  They have a few different packages based on your likely usage profile.

The problem with Zen though is that they still have usage caps.  I often found myself hitting right up to the 100GB/month limit with the stuff I do for my work and then having to pay out for more download usage.  I ended up moving back to BT, cutting my monthly bill significantly and I've not had a single problem since

The difference is though that if I have a problem that BT are utterly useless on the support side with helldesk operators in India who will only read off scripts while the Zen lot are a decent bunch of proper techies on their support lines.  I suppose you get what you pay for.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain