An outlook on politics

I've been reading quite in depth recently about the ongoing conflicts between Ukraine and Russia + Israel/Palestine as both have hit the headlines with sad news of violence and deaths currently happening.

One thing I notice which is a huge factor with these feuds is politics between different nations. I usually read online pages ect just to find things out often read forum discussions just to get an idea of what is happening in the world.

When reading comment sections I often see people state certain parties are biased, people not telling the truth and people having agendas. There is so many different opinions which conflict eachother and have so much in-depth knowledge it's extremely hard to take it all in.

I'm only 18 so the world of politics is something I have never focused on, it came to voting time this year and I didn't vote just because I didn't know anything about either party. As I read through stories I am coming to think it is a major part of my life which should be taken seriously. My question is however is what is the best way to get a view on politics. To be honest I don't have a lot of time to spend hours on the subject it's just something as now an adult I should have more knowledge on.

Obviously as you get older you gain more knowledge to have a view and when arguing you can explain your points in great detail. Like on the Ukrainian plane tragedy on another thread there is a discussion which I read through and speaks about world politics in a good debate.

But where do you start? I read articles some slating America's involvement in the middle east some praising it. I then read Palestinians are being overly aggressive towards Israel but then read 500 Palestinians and 24 Israelis killed and Israel being accused of war crimes it's just all hard to take in with so many sides ect.

Weird question but literally from 1 - 17 politics just isn't an issue to have interest in but as I get older it is. How do you get informative information to form a view? Is an particular companies biased with what they publish? That sort of thing.

Archived